ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: A joint petition to European Parliament

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 pm

I can give COA issued on 3rd December (I applied 20th Nov) and letter enclosed with the endorsed passport which was issued on 28th May. It's not too long a time after the deadline and I don't have any proofs I received the documents back only 4th June. Will this do? How do we submit docs?
Your support is much appreciated Lapkapups.

In your case the COA would only be relevant as the HO dated the approval letter within the 6 month period.

You would need to scan your COA and send it to me via email. I will PM you my email address in a minute. All documents handed in will be treated with utmost confidentiality and I will stress this to the Committee on Petitions in Brussels in my address them.

Thanks again and I will keep you updated (as to when the petition is avaliable online for signatures)

Peace

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Plum70 wrote:
I can give COA issued on 3rd December (I applied 20th Nov) and letter enclosed with the endorsed passport which was issued on 28th May. It's not too long a time after the deadline and I don't have any proofs I received the documents back only 4th June. Will this do? How do we submit docs?
Your support is much appreciated Lapkapups.

In your case the COA would only be relevant as the HO dated the approval letter within the 6 month period.

You would need to scan your COA and send it to me via email. I will PM you my email address in a minute. All documents handed in will be treated with utmost confidentiality and I will stress this to the Committee on Petitions in Brussels in my address them.

Thanks again and I will keep you updated (as to when the petition is avaliable online for signatures)

Peace
The approval letter is not dated within 6 months. The deadline was 20th May and the letter is dated 28th which gives us 8 unlawful days (not speaking about the fact that obviously I didn't receive it on the 28th yet). I'll wait for the email :)

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey everyone,

I will go home and check the COA letter dates but I'm quite sure my husband and I received our letters around 20 days after the application was received by the Home office (7th march).

I am hoping they will not delay our applications so much that the 6 month limit will be exceeded but if that should be the case and you still require evidence for this petition, I will be glad to provide it!

Regards,
Laura

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 pm

The approval letter is not dated within 6 months. The deadline was 20th May and the letter is dated 28th which gives us 8 unlawful days (not speaking about the fact that obviously I didn't receive it on the 28th yet). I'll wait for the email :)
I sent you a PM (with my email address) on this forum lapkapups! Check your private messages. :)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm

evil_grrrl666 wrote:Hey everyone,

I will go home and check the COA letter dates but I'm quite sure my husband and I received our letters around 20 days after the application was received by the Home office (7th march).

I am hoping they will not delay our applications so much that the 6 month limit will be exceeded but if that should be the case and you still require evidence for this petition, I will be glad to provide it!

Regards,
Laura
Thanks a lot for your support Laura. Yes please check the dates on your COA. This only helps to strengthen this petition further. I do not wish that your application takes longer than 6 months, but if it does then this evidence of non compliance can be submitted subsequently.

The head of the committee on petitions emailed me to say that he is keen on pushing this forward the best he can. So it's good news for us in Brussels!

You can scan the letter of acknowlegdement and send it to me via email. I will PM my email address to you (you can access it through your 'private messages' in this forum.

Cheers

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Forgot to say, please send me the scanned documents as 'word' attachments.

Thanks!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 am

Were you able to access your IM lapkapups?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:47 am

Hello All,

We have been working hard on the petition and hope to have it published in the coming week so please stay posted to this forum for more info.

For those who are meant to get in touch with me, I still await your correspondence.

Thanks

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:00 am

hi all,

I have a residence card is valid till 2013,but I have been living in the uk for 1.5 years.I just would like to ask when I can apply for indefinete leave to remain after 5 years or 3.5 years?

thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:24 am

copper wrote:hi all,

I have a residence card is valid till 2013,but I have been living in the uk for 1.5 years.I just would like to ask when I can apply for indefinete leave to remain after 5 years or 3.5 years?

thanks
Under Europena law you apply for permanent residence after you have lived a continuous period of five years in the UK.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 pm

copper wrote:I have a residence card is valid till 2013,but I have been living in the uk for 1.5 years.I just would like to ask when I can apply for indefinete leave to remain after 5 years or 3.5 years?
It does not matters when your Residence Card was issued. It only matters how long you have been resident in the UK

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Plum70 wrote:Were you able to access your IM lapkapups?

I have not received any message from you :o

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
copper wrote:I have a residence card is valid till 2013,but I have been living in the uk for 1.5 years.I just would like to ask when I can apply for indefinete leave to remain after 5 years or 3.5 years?
It does not matters when your Residence Card was issued. It only matters how long you have been resident in the UK
so it doesnt matter which category u have been in the UK as long as u are legal you can apply for permenant resident after 5 years or ??

Please explain a bit further...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:48 pm

lapkapups wrote:
Plum70 wrote:Were you able to access your IM lapkapups?

I have not received any message from you :o
I sent messages via IM. Look at the top of your screen where you have FAQs, Search, Members list... Click on the next option 'Private Messages'.

I will send you another just in case.

Cheers

TRIBUNAL
Newly Registered

Post by TRIBUNAL » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 am

cutepearl wrote:
so it doesnt matter which category u have been in the UK as long as u are legal you can apply for permenant resident after 5 years or ??

Please explain a bit further...
That's not correct. Not just legal stay,the legal stay must be in accordance with EU law.If you have been in other category other than ONLY EU law you will not qualify for a permanent residence card after 5 yrs. There is a case law for this. Go to www.ait.gov.uk and check reported determination and you will find it there. 8)

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:52 am

TRIBUNAL wrote:[
That's not correct. Not just legal stay,the legal stay must be in accordance with EU law.If you have been in other category other than ONLY EU law you will not qualify for a permanent residence card after 5 yrs.
So, if you have some other type of visa but have also been a family member of EEA member for 5 years (without applying for a residence certificate) you will not qualify for PR (form EEA4)?
Do not live your life in fear.

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi all,

I am confused a bit now.I have lived in poland for 1 year and 2 months and I am married to a polish girl for 2.5 year.We have been living in the uk 1 year 6 months

Now The question is when I can apply for permanent residence?

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 pm

copper wrote:Hi all,

I am confused a bit now.I have lived in poland for 1 year and 2 months and I am married to a polish girl for 2.5 year.We have been living in the uk 1 year 6 months

Now The question is when I can apply for permanent residence?

Thanks
You can apply for permanent residence after you have exercised your treaty rights and lived continuously in the UK for 5 years. So basically in December 2011 there about?

See http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/euciti ... ropeanlaw/

TRIBUNAL
Newly Registered

Post by TRIBUNAL » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:33 pm

tasha75 wrote:
TRIBUNAL wrote:[
That's not correct. Not just legal stay,the legal stay must be in accordance with EU law.If you have been in other category other than ONLY EU law you will not qualify for a permanent residence card after 5 yrs.
So, if you have some other type of visa but have also been a family member of EEA member for 5 years (without applying for a residence certificate) you will not qualify for PR (form EEA4)?
Of course you will be entitled to PR after 5yrs in accordance with the regulation ( exercising treaty rights or a family member of such person) ) even though you were also residing under UK domestic law during this period. My point is Regulation 15 of the Immigration ( European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 is only interested in EEA nationals and their family members to have lived in a host member state in accordance with the regulation for a period of 5ysr before acquiring PR status.

Tyro

Where to sent EEA2

Post by Tyro » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I am ready to send my EEA2.
please advise shall i send to london or newcastle.

Many Thanks to all of you

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Where to sent EEA2

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Tyro wrote:Hi Guys,

I am ready to send my EEA2.
please advise shall i send to london or newcastle.

Many Thanks to all of you
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/

Tyro

Crydon office

Post by Tyro » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi there
Thank you for information.
I found the address from website; it says that only EEA1 application goes to Liverpool, rest should go to Croydon office. They are also saying about process time. And they are considering EEA2 application made before January 2008. Is this normal time that you expect your application processed.

Has anyone got his/her application process quicker or it is late for everyone.

Also they do offer same day service for EEA1 application can they see both of us if my wife apply for EEA1 and me EEA2.

Many thanks

Tyro

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Crydon office

Post by thsths » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Tyro wrote:And they are considering EEA2 application made before January 2008. Is this normal time that you expect your application processed.
Yes, applications take about 6 months, and there is nothing you can really do to speed it up.
Also they do offer same day service for EEA1 application can they see both of us if my wife apply for EEA1 and me EEA2.
No, that service is only for EEA1, and it also takes a few weeks or months to get an appointment.

Tom

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks Tom,

Its sad that it takes 6 months as you get stuck and you can't plan ahead.

Thanks for your kind advise.

I will keep posting update on my application, going to post it in two weeks.

Just waiting for couple pay slips

Cheers

tyro

raindear
Newly Registered

Post by raindear » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:59 am

mastermind wrote:1. Explicitly prohibit the authorities (HO in case of UK) from holding passports while they are mulling over our applications. (And probably all other original documents as well. Why can't they make photocopies and return the originals right away? I'm sure they make photocopies for their records anyway.)
Why did you provide them with the passports in the first place? Why not just send photocopies or certified photocopies and a letter which indicates you need the passports for travel and will provide the originals when the Residence Card is ready to issue?
So is this really possible? to send the EEA2 application with just a certified true copy of passport and not with the passport? Will the homeoffice process it still or will it just cause delay?