ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pcsumanth
Newly Registered

Help needed for EC

Post by pcsumanth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi,
I have received HSMP approval on January 25. I am applying for a EC. I would like to know if I need to apply under Tier 1 or under the old rules . In any case what is the minimum amount that I need to have in my bank account and for what period. Please help...

Thanks,
Sumanth

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi prasanth,

You should be having 2800 pounds for 3 months in either case. By the way when are u planning to apply for EC.

Cheers,
Phani.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Help needed for EC

Post by gotcha » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm

pcsumanth wrote:Hi,
I have received HSMP approval on January 25.
Thanks,
Sumanth
Is it valid after tommoro ? Because, HSMP approval is valid for 6 months.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed for EC

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:45 pm

There're no old rules for EC. You need to apply for EC as per Tier 1 guidelines, even if you have a valid HSMP approval letter.

Don't be alarmed by the post/question above, your HSMP approval is valid until July 24th. Make sure you apply for EC before that date.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pcsumanth
Newly Registered

Post by pcsumanth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:58 pm

thank you for the immediate response. I am planning to apply in a week. But my account has the maintenance amount only for the past 1 month. I had sufficient funds in January(reflected in my account) but had to withdraw for personal reasons. Will that be accepted ? I fall into the 11000+ income band from HSMP guidelines.

My sister-in-law who is in Uk for past 3 years is willing to sponsor .Can I provide a sponsorship letter ?

Thanks,
Sumanth

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Income band in HSMP guidelines has nothing to do with maintenance funds requirements. The maintenance fund requirement is very clear - You have to show the minimum amount (2800 pounds for self) in a bank account and that you have maintained the minimum balance each day of the 3 months immediately preceding your EC application.

The fund has to be in an account in your name. There are different opinions if joint accounts are acceptable or not, and if so, then who can be a joint account holder with the main applicant. Search the forum for more information on joint accounts.

You could have arranged for monies to be transferred to your account (by anyone in family who could do so) in time to maintain the min. balance over a 3 month period, but I guess you did not think of this before and have now run out of time (HSMP expires 24th July).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcsumanth
Newly Registered

Post by pcsumanth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:10 pm

thank you once again.

Do they consider Provident Fund (PF) for maintenance funds ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Make an effort to search the forum. All this information is already available.

regards

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:36 am

hi pcsumanth,

im in the same situation as yours,can you please drop mail on chetanamale@gmail.com we can discuss further....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 pm

It would probably be futile to recommend this to someone who is using his email ID as a username, but I would sincerely suggest that you (and the member community at large) use the Private Messages (PM) feature on the forum to exchange personal information with other users.

regards
chetanamale@gmail.com wrote:hi pcsumanth,

im in the same situation as yours,can you please drop mail on chetanamale@gmail.com we can discuss further....