ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Family Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dcot78
United Kingdom

Regarding Family Visit Visa

Post by dcot78 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Dear all,

My parents visa was rejected last time due to financial situation as my parents bank statement was not organised very well. This time we are making it right and going to re-apply in couple of months.

Last time when we applied, there was a question in application form that "do you have any friends or family in UK" ?

We answered "Yes" and my details have been given as I am their son who was sponsoring. I also had my sister living in UK but we didn't provide her details as she was not sponsoring.

I also received a phone call from UKVI and they asked me questions about my siblings and I mentioned about my sister in UK and also mentioned over the phone that my parents will visit my sister's home.

Question 1: Is it going to be a problem that we didn't mention about our sister last time in application form? do we have to declare all the family/friends in application form or only the sponsor is enough?

Question 2: We didn't lie/hide the details of our sister in UK, we didn't mention the details in application form but told them over the phone - I am worried that UKVI is not going to apply 320 (7b) ?

Question 3: Should we mention the details of our sister this time when we apply ?

Or I am just over thinking as I am the sponsor and my sister is not providing the sponsorship/inviting and she has nothing to do with the application ?

Your help in this matter will be highly appreciated, Many thanks :)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Regarding Family Visit Visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm

It is all about assessing the family ties in the home country against those in the UK. It is a material question and not declaring the other family members is less than a good idea.

Declare the family members living in the UK this include the spouses and children of immediate family. Any close friends should also be included.

dcot78
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding Family Visit Visa

Post by dcot78 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Anybody will be able to answer on the above post ?