ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it possible to convert spouse visa to HSMP in UK ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap2004
Newly Registered

is it possible to convert spouse visa to HSMP in UK ???

Post by ap2004 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:56 pm

Hi,

I am currently on spouse visa. Can I convert it to HSMP within UK itself or do I need to go back to my country to get stamping on passprt.

Please guide me.

thx

ap

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:18 pm

1. Spouse of someone on what status?

2. Have you got HSMP approval?

3. Were you (for HSMP if applicable) an in country or out of country applicant?

4. What is your nationality?

ap2004
Newly Registered

Post by ap2004 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:54 pm

1. My spouse is having work permit and I am holding dependent visa. I am currently working on this visa and would like to transfer on HSMP.
2. I am expecting HSMP approval. I am confident that I will get it within next couple of weeks.
3. I am in UK at the moment and my application falls into in-country application.
4. I am an Indian living in UK since Dec 2000. I was on spouse visa for first two years. Then converted to workpermit for 22 months. Again transferred to spouse vis and now applied for HSMP.

Please can you comment whether I can tranfer from spouse visa to HSMP in UK or need to go back to India.

thx

ap2004

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:46 am

ap2004 wrote:1. My spouse is having work permit and I am holding dependent visa. I am currently working on this visa and would like to transfer on HSMP.
2. I am expecting HSMP approval. I am confident that I will get it within next couple of weeks.
3. I am in UK at the moment and my application falls into in-country application.
4. I am an Indian living in UK since Dec 2000. I was on spouse visa for first two years. Then converted to workpermit for 22 months. Again transferred to spouse vis and now applied for HSMP.

Please can you comment whether I can tranfer from spouse visa to HSMP in UK or need to go back to India.

thx

ap2004
Is there any reason why you ( well your husband together with you as his dependent) are not applying for ILR instead, I am assuming your husband has been on a workpermit since December which leaves well over the 4 years required to apply for ILR

ap2004
Newly Registered

Post by ap2004 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:37 pm

My husband was on work permit from Dec2000 until April 2002 then transferred over to my dependent.Got wp after 1 year and is valid until 2009. I think it is not possibel to get ILR due to this mix up.

I was on dependent visa from Dec 2000 until Dec2002 then transferred to work permit and then again transferred to dependent in Sept 04. I have now applied to HSMP and i think it is posible to amalgamate HSMP/wp/dependent visa for ILR.

Please comment

ap2004

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:02 am

I don’t know if you can combine the years that you were on a dependent visa for your ILR. But if you can (which I doubt), then why doesn’t your husband apply for ILR with you as your dependent and you wont have to switch to HSMP. On switching to from dependent I don’t think you will be allowed to change in country
Nationals from non-EEA countries may apply to switch into the Highly Skilled Migrant and
Innovators categories without leaving the UK provided they have existing leave as:
A work permit holder; or
A student who has graduated at a UK higher or further educational establishment; or
A working holiday maker; or
A postgraduate doctor or dentist or trainee general practitioners; or
A participant on the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme.
Participants on the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme may switch into the Innovators category.
Similarly Innovators may switch into the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.