ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependents ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependents ILR

Post by vslaser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:13 am

Dear Team,

I recently (Nov 2018) obtained ILR via the Tier 2 General category after 5 years of work in the UK> My family (wife and 2 children) came to the UK in May 2014 and are eligible for ILR application in early lat April / May. I have the following questions:

1. Can someone please provide the link where the application needs to be filled? I am getting lost in all the links that the Gov website has. Apologies for any trouble.

2. How do I show proof of absences for my family? Will a letter from me suffice?

3. My wife has completed B.Tech from India and can obtain a NARIC certificate as well as letter form her university stating that her degree was taught in English. Will this suffice or does she need to take the IELTS?

4. My wife's maiden name was replaced with my family name during the passport renewal in 2012 in India. However, her degree is with her maiden name. How do I notify the HO on this? I ask this question because her degree certificate and hence the NARIC will be with her maiden name whereas her passport and BRP are in my family name.

Any guidance will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependents ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:37 pm

1. It is form SET(O), online.

2. Not required UNLESS they have visas issued AFTER 11 January 2018.

3. Is it NARIC Red Route English and comparable degree assessement, costing £150 she did?? If not, then suggest she does the UKVI red route or English test.

4. No issue. You can't change her degree. Presumably you have the marriage cert proving name change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Post by vslaser » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanks for the response CR001. I'll have to look up the red line details on naric. Is there an easy link?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Post by vslaser » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:00 am

Thanks a ton

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

ILR Tier 2 Dependent Documents

Post by vslaser » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 am

Hi All,

I searched for threads with similar questions but i think mine is different and so posting a new thread.

I received ILR in Nov'18. I was on Tier 2 general before ILR for 5 years. My wife and Children arrived into UK a bit later and so they are eligible for ILR application in May'19. Here are my questions:

1. The tenancy agreements (2 out of 3) do not mention my wife's name in the last 5 years of stay. During the last 2-2.5 years, she has been registered along with me in council tax statement. However, we started getting online statements for council tax for the last 1 year or so. Would the print outs of council tax bills with my wife's name be sufficient? Or else, could I include a letter from my side confirming that she has been living with me along with copies of her dates of entry in UK?

2. My wife is a home maker and so is not employed. How will this affect her application? She is a graduate (Engineer) and used to be a teacher in India. I can support her regarding finances by submitting a bank statement (of a joint account).

3. Will I need a letter from the school for the kids to confirm that they have been living in the uk?

Thanks and best regards,
Vijay

sbadra
Newly Registered

Post by sbadra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:59 am

Good morning,

I would like to take NARIC English Language Assesement soon.

Could you please let me know the procedure to obtain MOI (Medium Of Instruction) letter from Kakatiya University in Warangal?

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Regards,
Suresh

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Post by vslaser » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi,

We did not go for the letter from University because we felt that it was easier to simply take the GCSE exam locally. The process seems to be complicated since one of my friends approached the university registrar and the registrar was not aware of any such letter template. We then sent a sample letter we found online but the registrar was simply taking too long. So we decided to take the test.

Regards,
Vijay

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Tier 2 Dependent Documents

Post by vslaser » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm

vslaser wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 am
Hi All,

I searched for threads with similar questions but i think mine is different and so posting a new thread.

I received ILR in Nov'18. I was on Tier 2 general before ILR for 5 years. My wife and Children arrived into UK a bit later and so they are eligible for ILR application in May'19. Here are my questions:

1. The tenancy agreements (2 out of 3) do not mention my wife's name in the last 5 years of stay. During the last 2-2.5 years, she has been registered along with me in council tax statement. However, we started getting online statements for council tax for the last 1 year or so. Would the print outs of council tax bills with my wife's name be sufficient? Or else, could I include a letter from my side confirming that she has been living with me along with copies of her dates of entry in UK?

2. My wife is a home maker and so is not employed. How will this affect her application? She is a graduate (Engineer) and used to be a teacher in India. I can support her regarding finances by submitting a bank statement (of a joint account).

3. Will I need a letter from the school for the kids to confirm that they have been living in the uk?

Thanks and best regards,
Vijay
@CR001: My friend, any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:01 pm

1. No issue. Find other letters addressed to her. You need more than one single item for the last 2 years.

2. There is no requirement for PBS Dependents to be employed. You are overthinking the process and requirements.

3. Possibly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sbadra
Newly Registered

Post by sbadra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:46 pm

vslaser wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi,

We did not go for the letter from University because we felt that it was easier to simply take the GCSE exam locally. The process seems to be complicated since one of my friends approached the university registrar and the registrar was not aware of any such letter template. We then sent a sample letter we found online but the registrar was simply taking too long. So we decided to take the test.

Regards,
Vijay
Thanks for the information.
I agree with you as it's not a regular thing and looks like there was no such requirement in the past because of this the registrar was not aware of it.
Let me try from my side and hope for the best.

Regards,
Suresh

vslaser
Newly Registered
India

Post by vslaser » Wed May 01, 2019 9:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:01 pm
1. No issue. Find other letters addressed to her. You need more than one single item for the last 2 years.

2. There is no requirement for PBS Dependents to be employed. You are overthinking the process and requirements.

3. Possibly.
Thanks CR001. 1 further question. I previously asked whether the kids can apply directly for citizenship without ILR but was told that the process for that is not in place. I have found something which confuses me a little:

I am currently on ILR visa and will be eligible to apply for British Citizenship by year end. My children (10 years and 7 years ages) are currently on Tier 2 dependent visas and are currently eligible for ILR application.

My question is: Without applying for ILR, are they allowed to apply for British citizenship directly at the time of my British Citizenship application (which will be before their current visa expiry date).

My citation for the above query is based on below:
Page 13 of 25 of: MN1 Registration as a British citizen– A guide about the registration of
children under 18

Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application
Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for
one or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic
acquisition of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of
a “family application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home
Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are
granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship
and the other is settled in the UK.

sbadra
Newly Registered

Post by sbadra » Tue May 07, 2019 11:39 am

[quote=sbadra post_id=1774197 time=1556549212 user_id=88952]
[quote=vslaser post_id=1774165 time=1556546337 user_id=202736]
Hi,

Regards,
Vijay
[/quote]
Thanks for the information.
I agree with you as it's not a regular thing and looks like there was no such requirement in the past because of this the registrar was not aware of it.
Let me try from my side and hope for the best.

Regards,
Suresh
[/quote]

I have visited KU campus and managed to get the MOI document.