ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baheri

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 am

beever wrote:still waiting and no news - applied on 28 april
me 2 applied on 28th April man n still waiting. Jus spoke to rude lady in HO n she refuesed to give any information. When I insist to tell me abt da latest situation she asked to withdraw application IF I m rushing some where. I told her ur behaviour is rude n I can imagine y dis office is worst performed department in UK

vito0514

Post by vito0514 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Marishka!
Congratulation with Tier 1!

I have a question: how did you make them to consider&approve your application the same day you faxed your urgent treatment request? Did it (urgent treatment request) made any difference or it's just a coincidence and your application was already approved by the time they got the fax?

Any hints about "pushing through" the urgent treatment request? (I sent urgent treatment request letter as well: have to go on business trip in early July, so need my passports back urgently; so far no results, desperately waiting)

Best of luck!
Vitaliy
Marishka wrote:Got my visa:

Type: From IGS to Tier 1
Applied on: 20 May 2008
Recd by HO on: 21 May 2008
Payment taken : 21 May 2008
Passport Recd : 23 June 2008
Visa expire date: 18 June 2011
Processing time: 30 days
Note : Faxed an urgent treatment request letter (a medical reason) on 18th June (with tickets and a letter from my doctor).

Applied through an agent. She has my passport, but I will pick it up today.
When I asked her to send an urgent treatment request to HO, she said there is no ur.tmt forms available for TIER1, but I convinced her refering to this forum that some people used this form and got their applications speeded up.

I did not call HO a single time as this website gave me a continuous update on the HO progress.

Thank you! and good luck :)

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am

Baheri and Beever,

So far It has been 7 weeks for me as well, can I ask you guys a question which may help us understand why it is taking so long.

Did you guys submit any documents half way through your application? I did supply my latest Bank Statement even though I was not asked for it, I just wanted to be on the safe side..

Is there anything in your application you think can be causing the delay? In my case, I am a Contractor and have applied as Employed since I use an Umberalla Company making me their employee, this can cause confusion.

Please note, most of the guys there dont have common sense and are on 20k idiots. How much do you expect them to know lol..

Good luck guys anyway and see what happens.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 am

Baheri / bsbs,

Where does it say that letter from University is an acceptable evidence for English Requirements under the Tier 1 scheme?? Can you please substantiate your claim by providing text from Tier 1 policy guidance that states this.

Also, where does the NARIC letter of comparability confirm the following for a overseas qualification, or can a letter from University confirm the following:
have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
Read para 182-186 of the Tier 1 policy guidance.

regards
bsbs wrote:
saqib389 wrote:Hi There

I am in UK on IGS visa.. and have applied for Tier 1 general recently ...

I did 4 years bachelors in computer science from pakistan, in lahore, ( institute of management and sciences) but its not in the Self Assesment Tool of HO website.... so i send my degree to UK NARIC and they respond me back with the letter and written on the letter

"UK NARIC has considered my Bachelor Degree is comparable to BRITISH BACHELOR (ORDINARY) DEGREE "

I need to know does HO would accept this statement ? is this fullfill all english requirement for TIER 1 general ?

Looking forward to hear from you

Many Thanks

Saqib
You can get a letter from the Institite(In their letter head) that teaching medium is english and you have passsed. NARIC has recognised it's a UK equivalent bachelor degree but still you need to prove that medium was english.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

baheri

TIER 1 Extension

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:05 pm

segs2tier1 wrote:Baheri and Beever,

So far It has been 7 weeks for me as well, can I ask you guys a question which may help us understand why it is taking so long.

Did you guys submit any documents half way through your application? I did supply my latest Bank Statement even though I was not asked for it, I just wanted to be on the safe side..

Is there anything in your application you think can be causing the delay? In my case, I am a Contractor and have applied as Employed since I use an Umberalla Company making me their employee, this can cause confusion.

Please note, most of the guys there dont have common sense and are on 20k idiots. How much do you expect them to know lol..

Good luck guys anyway and see what happens.
segs2tier1

No I did not submitt any documnets in half way. I believe ma application is straightward. I provided all documents to prove ma age, income, language etc. douno y its still taking so long !!! Only thing I enclosed is copy of JR despite I scored enough to qualify. I think many other done dat as well.

baheri

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Baheri,

Where does it say that letter from University is an acceptable evidence for English Requirements under the Tier 1 scheme?? Can you please substantiate your claim by providing text from Tier 1 policy guidance that states this.

Also, where does the NARIC letter of comparability confirm the following for a overseas qualification, or can a letter from University confirm the following:
have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
Read para 182-186 of the Tier 1 policy guidance.

regards
bsbs wrote:

I did 4 years bachelors in computer science from pakistan, in lahore, ( institute of management and sciences) but its not in the Self Assesment Tool of HO website.... so i send my degree to UK NARIC and they respond me back with the letter and written on the letter

"UK NARIC has considered my Bachelor Degree is comparable to BRITISH BACHELOR (ORDINARY) DEGREE "

I need to know does HO would accept this statement ? is this fullfill all english requirement for TIER 1 general ?

Many Thanks

Saqib
Letter from Uni may not be but NARIC letter must be acceptable

You can get a letter from the Institite(In their letter head) that teaching medium is english and you have passsed. NARIC has recognised it's a UK equivalent bachelor degree but still you need to prove that medium was english.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 pm

baheri wrote:
bsbs wrote:

Many Thanks

Saqib
You can get a letter from the Institite(In their letter head) that teaching medium is english and you have passsed. NARIC has recognised it's a UK equivalent bachelor degree but still you need to prove that medium was english.[/quot

Y wud not HO accept ur degree if It is recogise by NARIC. If they refused u on these grounds, u can appeal in court.
But i was confused on this statements which has been written in Policy Guide.. and my Bachelor University is not in the list of Home office... But NARIC confirms... so thats the confusion with me...

Tier 1 policy guidance wrote:
184. Applicants should check their qualification by referring to the Self Assessment Tool which can be found at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.

185. Where the Self Assessment Tool is unable to confirm these details, points will not be awarded for the qualification in question.

186. Where the applicant is unable to find details of their qualification on the Self Assessment Tool, UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English Language requirement. In these circumstances, applicants should either present an alternative qualification from the Self Assessment Tool if they possess one, or select an alternative means of satisfying the English Language requirement.

ddpatel256
Newly Registered

Post by ddpatel256 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Any approvals today? or progress?

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 pm

hi guys
i have submitted my case for tier 1 from student visa on 8th of may and recived reference on 15th of may thru agent and still waiting for decision

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:22 pm

God's grace

Got my docs today

I am a May 11 applicant .Will post details when I get home.
Thanks to Hussainkothari and other folks for their support. :lol:

lovnishs

Approved

Post by lovnishs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi All,

Got it today. Below are my timelines

Sent: 12 May
Payment Taken: 13 May
Reciept: 13th May
Appoved: 16th June
Stamped : 20th June
Rceived: 24th June

Valid till june 2011

Thanks to all who keep this forum up to date.

Wish you all good luck whose results are awaited.

Note: No urgent treatment considered.

Best Regards,

chakde23

Re: Approved

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Congrats Lovnish
lovnishs wrote:Hi All,

Valid till june 2011

Best Regards,

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Saqib,
On BIA tool If your university is in the list of university and you are getting points for qualification but your university is not in the list of English language requirement university list, and you have letters from your university that your degree was taught in English, even then you do need to give IELTS. Even if you have NARIC letter which states your qualification is equivalent to UK bachelors degree. NARIC letter doesnt say anything about your degree taught in English upto certain level.

One of my friend got into similiar situation where on BIA tool his university was not in English language requirement list though it is in qualifications list page. HO asked him to give IELTS.

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:24 pm

I know its a silly question.. BUT .. If the masters degree is done from UK university which is recognized by BIA tools, still need a latter from university to mention that degree taught in English?

Thanks in advance!!!

aaanjoo wrote:Saqib,
On BIA tool If your university is in the list of university and you are getting points for qualification but your university is not in the list of English language requirement university list, and you have letters from your university that your degree was taught in English, even then you do need to give IELTS. Even if you have NARIC letter which states your qualification is equivalent to UK bachelors degree. NARIC letter doesnt say anything about your degree taught in English upto certain level.

One of my friend got into similiar situation where on BIA tool his university was not in English language requirement list though it is in qualifications list page. HO asked him to give IELTS.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi

But in the home office website it does say

The qualification must:

- have been formally awarded to you;
be recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to at least a United Kingdom degree; and
- have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).

So NARIC said to me...your bachelor is equivalent to UK BACHELOR ( ORDINARY) DEGREE Standard...

Some people say its okey some says no your college is not in the HO website list...

What should i beleive on ?.. i have already applied.. so very confused about it...

Thanks
saqib

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:26 pm

saqib389 wrote:

Hi

The qualification must:

be recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to at least a United Kingdom degree; and
- have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).

So NARIC said to me...your bachelor is equivalent to UK BACHELOR ( ORDINARY) DEGREE Standard...

Some people say its okey some says no your college is not in the HO website list...

What should i beleive on ?.. i have already applied.. so very confused about it...

Thanks
saqib
See, better if you call them and ask. In this case it's better to call HO. Don't take risk.

ps992000
Newly Registered

Post by ps992000 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

I agree with aaanjoo, my case is same that my degree is appearing for getting points for qualification but its not listed in English language requirements list..I had called HO and they informed that I need to take one of the English test listed in guidance notes like IELTS... I informed that I have a letter from university certifying that course was taught in English. HO person read out the guidance note to me and told I should take IELTS still... so i applied with IELTS certificate...
by the way, I am 13th May candidate and waiting for the decision...

ps992000
Newly Registered

Post by ps992000 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Guys, I called up HO today and they informed the same 10 week wait time thing... and then mentioned that applications till 16th may have been assigned to case worker ...

ps
13th May candidate ..

safksa
Newly Registered

Post by safksa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Just to update everyone. I have got my HSMP (Tiee 1) today.

Sent: 15th May
Approved: 19th June
Received: Today (24th June)

Note: no urgent treatement.

have fun.

baheri

Re: Approved

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 pm

lovnishs wrote:Hi All,

Valid till june 2011

congratulation!!! was ur case HSMP TO Tier 1?

Best Regards,

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:36 am

chakde.... i have requested the lady to put a note on my case to request the case worker to wait for my statment. I am expecting my statment tomarrow morning....the lady said she did put a note....thanks for your advice....

ill send my statment through urgent mail

Chakde do u think case workers can wait for additional documents...remember CW did not ask me to send...i assumed my self that it is improtant???so wat do u think

do case workers wait for additional documents???????????
chakde23 wrote:Aamir,
Next time you speak to CC , why dont you insist on checking if there is a note on the system for CW to wait till Bank Statments are sent ? If not, request CC to put a note or ask him how can you get a confirmation that CW is aware , you are soon going to send statements ?
aamirmalik wrote:???????????????????????????
aamirmalik wrote:friends...i have requested HO by sending fax that im waiting for my bank statment from Pakistan.....HO rep said CW might give u time to send bank statment...

Wat do u think do they wait on your request????

CASE was sent on 15MAY...by observing time lines my case will be decided in this week
37 days have past

PLZ COMMENT

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 am

Dear Saqib,
Do not confuse yourself. Its very logical. Does your NARIC letter says that your qualification have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR). ? No it doesn't!

and the guidelines says :
The qualification MUST(meaning all are applicable):

btw what is HO web site list?

bsbs wrote:
saqib389 wrote:

Hi

The qualification must:

Thanks
saqib
See, better if you call them and ask. In this case it's better to call HO. Don't take risk.
Last edited by aaanjoo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jj627
Newly Registered

Post by jj627 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:23 am

ps992000 wrote:Guys, I called up HO today and they informed the same 10 week wait time thing... and then mentioned that applications till 16th may have been assigned to case worker ...

ps
13th May candidate ..
My application was on 13th May too, not got doc back yet:(

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 am

Marbin,
The guidelines says:

Where the degree was taken in a majority English speaking
country, listed below, the Agency will assume it to have been
taught in English:

Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; The Bahamas; Barbados;
Belize; Dominica; Grenada; Guyana; Ireland; Jamaica;
New Zealand; St Kitts and Nevis; St Lucia; St Vincent
and the Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; the United
Kingdom; the United States of America.
Please note that Canada is not included on this list.

and I guess you are getting your university on BIA tool on english language requirement page? If yes then, If I were you, I would have only submitted my degree certificate.

These are just my thoughts.

[quote="marbin"]I know its a silly question.. BUT .. If the masters degree is done from UK university which is recognized by BIA tools, still need a latter from university to mention that degree taught in English?

Thanks in advance!!!

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am

I hope you have ensured these bank statements are on original bank stationery / letter head and are also signed + stamped by bank authority.

I guess you can send any additional documents on your own , nothing wrong in that – this might be handy to send it now since you cant probably send any additional documents after a decision has been made ( while review request , if required )

w.r.t additional documents normally if a CW informs you , then yes they do wait …….thought I have no clue if they do wait if you send on your own....but since you have asked CC to put a note and she has confirmed , atleast you have some proof of your efforts ....do take their name & write down details ( date & time ) ...every time you speak to CC - may be you will need later to refer these discussions .....also double check this afternoon or tomorrow morning.....if the CC you spoke earlier has indeed written any notes.....cross check with the new CC advisor .

A friendly advice after you have sent your bank statements ......don’t think too much and panic….you have done your best – relax until you don’t hear further… either way !

aamirmalik wrote:chakde.... i have requested the lady to put a note on my case to request the case worker to wait for my statment. I am expecting my statment tomarrow morning....the lady said she did put a note....thanks for your advice....

ill send my statment through urgent mail

Chakde do u think case workers can wait for additional documents...remember CW did not ask me to send...i assumed my self that it is improtant???so wat do u think

do case workers wait for additional documents???????????
chakde23 wrote:Aamir,
Next time you speak to CC , why dont you insist on checking if there is a note on the system for CW to wait till Bank Statments are sent ? If not, request CC to put a note or ask him how can you get a confirmation that CW is aware , you are soon going to send statements ?
aamirmalik wrote:???????????????????????????
aamirmalik wrote:friends...i have requested HO by sending fax that im waiting for my bank statment from Pakistan.....HO rep said CW might give u time to send bank statment...

Wat do u think do they wait on your request????

CASE was sent on 15MAY...by observing time lines my case will be decided in this week
37 days have past

PLZ COMMENT