ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuing to work during SET (M) appliction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Continuing to work during SET (M) appliction

Post by itsamishmash » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:52 pm

I am about to submit the application for ILR (SET (M)). I am currently working but the business I work for have asked me to provide evidence I have applied for the visa. Can I continue to work through the 6 month wait for the granting (or otherwise), and what will my business require from me, evidence wise, to allow me to continue to work?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continuing to work during SET (M) appliction

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

It doesn't take 6 months.

If you submit an application in time before your visa expires, you are covered by section 3c of the immigration rules, meaning your existing visa conditions continue until a decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Thank you very much

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Further to your response, may I ask what evidence would be provided that I can present to my employer such that they would be satisfied the application has been submitted? I will surely point them at Sec 3c of the immigration rules. Given it is a assisted living business I hope they will be familiar with the rule.