ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent extension maintenance funds main applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

PBS dependent extension maintenance funds main applicant on ILR

Post by smuk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:19 am

I am in a similar situation regarding Maintenance fund.

My tier2 visa is expiring next week. And my wife's visa will expire on the same day. I am going to apply ILR - LR as I am sort of few days to apply ILR via Tier 2.

My wife is applying for PBS dependent visa. I don't have 690 for 3 months. Can my employer (A rated) provide a letter for a maintenance fund? I do not have ILR yet and technically I am on tier 2 Visa until my ILR application is approved.

Will my wife's visa rejected due to maint fund?

Also, if she qualifies, will she receive PBS dependent visa before my ILR visa or her application will be held until my application is decided?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent extension maintenance funds main applicant on ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am

1. I have split your post to its own topic.

2. No, your sponsor cannot certify maintenance for a PBS Dependent if you hold ILR. Your spouse also cannot apply for a PBS Dependent visa if you get ILR based on long residence. She has to switch to FLR(M) and meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent extension maintenance funds main applicant on ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 am

Also, if she qualifies, will she receive PBS dependent visa before my ILR visa or her application will be held until my application is decided?
No she will not get a visa before your decision on ILR. She cannot extend her current visa if you get ILR based on long residence. The rules are very clear on this, they were changed in April 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.