ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blacksea28
Turkey

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Hi all,

Update to my Timeline:

Applied: 31st of March
Biometrics done on : 1st of April
COA received : 05th of April
5 year pre-settled status granted: 18th of April

Biometric Residence Card is to be sent(7 working days)

I had so stressfull time as I was working on EEA family permit visa. I and my wife came to the UK by 29th of March, she called them during last 3 days and yesterday wanted escalate to their superior etc and today we both got decision, So may be better to call them everyday if your application is pending more than 15 days :)
Biometrik residence card sent: 24.04.2019 (I pick it up 27th of April because I was busy)

On card it's written that Leave to remain and work permitted

Good luck to everyone! :D

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 am

Blacksea28 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:
Hi all,

Update to my Timeline:

I had so stressfull time as I was working on EEA family permit visa. I and my wife came to the UK by 29th of March, she called them during last 3 days and yesterday wanted escalate to their superior etc and today we both got decision, So may be better to call them everyday if your application is pending more than 15 days :)
Biometrik residence card sent: 24.04.2019 (I pick it up 27th of April because I was busy)

Good luck to everyone!
Good morning
Congratulations to u
Calling them every day yea good idea
U recon HO working Saturday and Sunday like caseworker cos sometimes ppl recived answer even on Sunday or bank holiday

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Dear Members,
I applied for my 2 yrs old child dutch citizen under eu settlement scheme and get COA after 2 weeks
I would like to know is it correct that my child get coa and have to wait for a decision or is
it a mistake by HO. Me and my wife both got presettled status a month ago.
Thanks

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to know is there anyone here hold any kind of tier visa not family permit or BRC have received their status?

And please put your timeline ! Cause it seems like holder of tier visas haven't got their decision yet !

Thanks

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:07 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 pm
Hello everybody,

I would like to know is there anyone here hold any kind of tier visa not family permit or BRC have received their status?

And please put your timeline ! Cause it seems like holder of tier visas haven't got their decision yet !

Thanks
Hi! You may be right! I hold a tier 2 visa, I sent my passport and was received by them on 18th April. I'm still waiting since then. I haven't received a COA yet either.

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Am a Permanent Residence Holder

Biometric done : 29th April 9am
COA received by email : 29th April 11:33 am ( surprisingly fast )
Settled status : pending
Biometric card : pending

Quick question : Do I need the biometric card for travelling?

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:07 pm
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hello everybody,

Thanks
Hi! You may be right! I hold a tier 2 visa, I sent my passport and was received by them on 18th April. I'm still waiting since then. I haven't received a COA yet either.
I think we will be delayed ! Because untill now they don't know what will they do with us regarding the checks!
Firstly, weather will they accept us even if our EU family member is not qualified person or not !!
Secondly, what is their process to check the genuine of the relationship with the EU member as far as I know in the priveous Non-Eu family member BRC, it was such a headache process !
Finally, we are already holder of BRP will they take that from us and issue another BRC or will they just send us a new BRC!

To conclude god knows how much time will all this take!! Cause we all kept in dark !!

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:17 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 pm
danielpdo wrote:
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hello everybody,

Thanks
I think we will be delayed ! Because untill now they don't know what will they do with us regarding the checks!
Firstly, weather will they accept us even if our EU family member is not qualified person or not !!
Secondly, what is their process to check the genuine of the relationship with the EU member as far as I know in the priveous Non-Eu family member BRC, it was such a headache process !
Finally, we are already holder of BRP will they take that from us and issue another BRC or will they just send us a new BRC!

To conclude god knows how much time will all this take!! Cause we all kept in dark !!
Yea it looks like holders brp take longer
In theory it shud be just transfer data from brp to new brc card

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:21 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 pm
danielpdo wrote:
amralialla100216 wrote:
Hello everybody,

Thanks

You are right, but there may be other reasons. Because, this also would apply to those non-EU family members that are moving to the UK without any BRP nor BRC and they have received their settlement status already (or at least that's what I think). It's weird because with us at least they already know our immigration status, or National insurance number and our risk behavior during our stay in the UK. So i thought it was going to be faster, but for some reason is being the opposite

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 pm
Ajay8 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:26 am
Hi everyone,

So here is an update. I called the EU settlement scheme resolution centre this morning. The person who answered was very helpful. I asked her exactly what I wrote in my post above. And she said since I have a BRP and I already did my biometrics (did it in November 2018 for my current BRP), then I have to select "prove my identity using UK residence card with a Biometric chip" option. I then asked her if I choose this option, would I still have to send my passport by mail? She said no. I would send my BRP card only.

In order to double check even more, I sent the EU resolution centre an email asking the same thing in my post above. Just to make sure.

I will update everyone once I receive an answer by email. So people can have a clear idea what to expect and what will happen if you select this or that option.
Hi
Our timeframe
Application done on 30.3.
Brp send 3.4
Brp back 20.4
Since then silence nothing
No coa nothing waiting
We called couple times and HO say under process etc
We also send brp card as above apply for pre settlement status

Hi Sky777,

The resolution center today confirmed to me that the whole process takes about 4 weeks (for people who uses the 'online and by post' option). Do not worry and don't panic. The application process will start after they verified their identity. it is written on the EU settlement scheme website. So I am sure you will get the new status this week or next week. Again do not worry. Let us know what will happen with you. Waiting for the good news :)

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Ajay8 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:31 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Hi everyone,

So here is an update. I called the EU settlement scheme resolution centre this morning. The person who answered was very helpful. I asked her exactly what I wrote in my post above. And she said since I have a BRP and I already did my biometrics (did it in November 2018 for my current BRP), then I have to select "prove my identity using UK residence card with a Biometric chip" option. I then asked her if I choose this option, would I still have to send my passport by mail? She said no. I would send my BRP card only.

In order to double check even more, I sent the EU resolution centre an email asking the same thing in my post above. Just to make sure.

I will update everyone once I receive an answer by email. So people can have a clear idea what to expect and what will happen if you select this or that option.
Hi
Our timeframe
Brp send 3.4
Brp back 20.4
No coa nothing waiting

Hi Sky777,

The resolution center today confirmed to me that the whole process takes about 4 weeks (for people who uses the 'online and by post' option). Do not worry and don't panic. The application process will start after they verified their identity. it is written on the EU settlement scheme website. So I am sure you will get the new status this week or next week. Again do not worry. Let us know what will happen with you. Waiting for the good news :)
Hi
Thank you for reply
Yes nothing to do just wait
Them recived my wife brp ( spouse visa first round)
Ho send back so looks like according this for now 4
Working days gone hmmmm
But what worry me hopefully it come soon as brp card expired soon 2 months and we still not even get coa
So I hope it seriously come soon very soon

MeAgain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MeAgain » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 pm

MeAgain wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi Everyone,

Just for general info, here is my timeline:
Applied online Non-EU: 31/03
Biometrics taken: 12/04
CoA received: 22/04 (bank holiday)
Decision: 29/04
Will get physical BRC in 7 days.
Good luck everyone

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:44 pm
Ajay8 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:31 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi
Our timeframe
Brp send 3.4
Brp back 20.4
No coa nothing waiting

Hi Sky777,

Hi
Thank you for reply
Yes nothing to do just wait
Them recived my wife brp ( spouse visa first round)
Ho send back so looks like according this for now 4
Working days gone hmmmm
But what worry me hopefully it come soon as brp card expired soon 2 months and we still not even get coa
So I hope it seriously come soon very soon

Hi,

Count the working days only. 5 days a week (not 7 days). Also, in my opinion I think the most important thing is that you applied when your or your wife BRP was still valid. If you want call the resolution centre now (they close at 8:00 pm) or tomorrow early morning when they open to ask them and check on this. Or you can just wait and be patient. Don't forget EU citizens and their family members have rights. As long as this exist then you shouldn't worry.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 am
Blacksea28 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:
Hi all,

Update to my Timeline:

Good luck to everyone!
Good morning
Congratulations to u
Calling them every day yea good idea
U recon HO working Saturday and Sunday like caseworker cos sometimes ppl recived answer even on Sunday or bank holiday
Thank you mate,
Hope you will have what you expect shortly too!

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:43 am

Hi all,

I am trying to apply (online and by post option). In the beginning, they asked for my email address so the system can automatically send me a link so I can click on it and verify its my email and start the online application.

The problem: I am not receiving anything. Tried different emails, different browsers and different devices and still nothing. I am applying from my house and not from a public network (coffee shop or mall). Did anyone experience this? Do you know what needs to be done to fix it?

Thanks

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 am

Ajay8 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:43 am
Hi all,

I am trying to apply (online and by post option). In the beginning, they asked for my email address so the system can automatically send me a link so I can click on it and verify its my email and start the online application.

The problem: I am not receiving anything. Tried different emails, different browsers and different devices and still nothing. I am applying from my house and not from a public network (coffee shop or mall). Did anyone experience this? Do you know what needs to be done to fix it?

Thanks
Have you got any special character in your email such as _ (underscore) or . that could be an issues as I have seen somewhere people having the same issue. If I was you I would create an email with letter and numbers and try.
Let us know how you get on with that.

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am

Ajay8 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Have you checked your Spam folder?

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:29 am

goodpartner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 pm
Guys, don’t worry. Look at timeline of my friends. EU citizen - settles status was offered on 12th of April. coa was received on 13. Decision 18.04.2019
His wife non eu, submitted application on Saturday 13th of April, biometric done on 15th late evening. Still no COA.
To sum up in line

Application made under EU settlement scheme with no BRP for non EU-Family member on
13th of April
15th of April Biometrics done
30th of April COA received

I wonder how long to wait after COA received for actual decision. 3 calls were made to Resolution centre, they said they are overloaded.

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:33 am

goodpartner wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:29 am
goodpartner wrote:
Guys, don’t worry. Look at timeline of my friends. EU citizen - settles status was offered on 12th of April. coa was received on 13. Decision 18.04.2019
His wife non eu, submitted application on Saturday 13th of April, biometric done on 15th late evening. Still no COA.
To sum up in line

Application made under EU settlement scheme with no BRP for non EU-Family member on
13th of April

I wonder how long to wait after COA received for actual decision. 3 calls were made to Resolution centre, they said they are overloaded.
I got my CoA on the 5th of April and I still don't have a decision. Do not bother calling them - not gona get any useful information. I called 3 times and filled two online forms, and I did not receive any information about my application whatsoever.
(I am non EU, here on Tier4 BRP, used passport as my ID and did not put my BRP number in my application, as well as I did not send any document. Applied as a spouse)

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ajay8 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Have you got any special character in your email such as _ (underscore) or . that could be an issues as I have seen somewhere people having the same issue. If I was you I would create an email with letter and numbers and try.
Let us know how you get on with that.

Hi,

I just created 2 different emails (Gmail and Hotmail) without any special characters like_ or - or.
Still same problem and did not receive any link.

I called the Eu resolution centre..they said they are aware of this problem and they will contact me maximum by next Monday. I don't know who's going to call but I am guessing it will be one of the technician team. I provided them with my BRP card number and other details like my name, email addresses I used and date of birth.

I am hoping they can send me the link manually and I can continue online from this point.

Anaaack
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Anaaack » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:16 pm

iberks wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 pm
Hi guys

Here is my process

Application: 06.04.2018
Biometric: 12.04.2018
BRC: Don't have (still Family Permit owner)
CoA: Pending
Decision: Pending

Tomarrow, I have a so important job interview with one of my dream company and they insistly would like to see my decision or CoA. I called the settlement scheme helpline as always and finally they escalated my application but they still couldnt give me estimated time for decision. Hope, tomarrow i can get the CoA before my interview and wish i can prove my right to work without BRC. (My EU citizen wife got her answer within 5 working days)
Hi iberks,
I'm in the same situation as you, and I depend on Coa email to get an important job offer. Did you call the home office? Did they give you any return?

Thanks

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Anaaack wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:16 pm
iberks wrote:
Hi guys

Here is my process

Tomarrow, I have a so important job interview with one of my dream company and they insistly would like to see my decision or CoA. I called the settlement scheme helpline as always and finally they escalated my application but they still couldnt give me estimated time for decision. Hope, tomarrow i can get the CoA before my interview and wish i can prove my right to work without BRC. (My EU citizen wife got her answer within 5 working days)
Hi iberks,
I'm in the same situation as you, and I depend on Coa email to get an important job offer. Did you call the home office? Did they give you any return?

Thanks
The CoA is generally getting issued within 2.5 weeks of the biometrics appointment in almost all cases.

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:00 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:29 am
goodpartner wrote:
To sum up in line

13th of April

To be precise, the system only says that the applicant will be considered for settled status. It doesn't 'offer' it. The actual verification of the five years of qualifying residence is manually done by a caseworker. In this case, if the spouse has 5 yrs of qualifying residence that is proven by the documents uploaded, the status approval will come through in 3 weeks after the CoA is issued, based on the experience of most people. If it cannot be established that she has 5 yrs of qualifying residence, then the application will be stuck in limbo with no real closure time target. Eventually she will be offered pre-settled status in the second scenario.

Anaaack
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Anaaack » Wed May 01, 2019 10:33 am

Anaaack wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:16 pm
iberks wrote:
Hi guys

Here is my process

Hi iberks,

Thanks
Hi guys,
Yesterday I called the home office and explained why I needed the COA. They send me the COA today. So I believe that calling them might work in some cases.

My timeline:
16/04 - Submitted the application
17/04 - Biometrics done
01/05 - COA
? - Waiting for approval and my Residence Card

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ibab » Wed May 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Application: 01.04.2019
(Online-nothing posted-linked with EEA sponsor's application)

Biometric: 09.04.2019
BRC: Don't have (5 year RC)

Called twice , online form once, no update just bn told its with a Caseworker.