ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous residence for settled status - when does it start?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Continuous residence for settled status - when does it start?

Post by JoeCross » Wed May 01, 2019 3:43 am

Hello guys,

I read somewhere, but now I can't find where that the continuous residence starts counting with the Family Permit and not only when you get the Residence Card.

Now, my question is - when is the actual start date? When you obtain the FP (for my example, 6th of January) or when you actually enter the UK(for my example, 23th of April)? Which of these 2 dates will be start date as continues residence?

Thank you.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Continuous residence for settled status - when does it start?

Post by jmedina » Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 am

JoeCross wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:43 am
Hello guys,

I read somewhere, but now I can't find where that the continuous residence starts counting with the Family Permit and not only when you get the Residence Card.

Now, my question is - when is the actual start date? When you obtain the FP (for my example, 6th of January) or when you actually enter the UK(for my example, 23th of April)? Which of these 2 dates will be start date as continues residence?

Thank you.
Hi.
It's start counting whenever you started living in the UK as a resident. Tis is when you entered with a Family Permit or an EEA stamp, or when you got the residence card, in case you had entered as a visitor.

Regards,
Joaquín

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Re: Continuous residence for settled status - when does it start?

Post by JoeCross » Thu May 02, 2019 1:32 am

jmedina wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 am
JoeCross wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:43 am
Hello guys,

Thank you.
Hi.
It's start counting whenever you started living in the UK as a resident. Tis is when you entered with a Family Permit or an EEA stamp, or when you got the residence card, in case you had entered as a visitor.

Regards,
Joaquín
Thank you for the information, it's helpful.