ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding sponsored skilled visa (subclass 176)

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jgpate
Newly Registered

Questions regarding sponsored skilled visa (subclass 176)

Post by jgpate » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 am

I am interested in migrating to Australia and have several questions regarding the process of applying for a sponsored skilled migration visa (subclass 176). Given that this is my first post, I will keep them as brief as possible!

1. After applying for the subclass 176 visa, can you seek nomination from more than one state/territory?

2. In the case where one does not meet the pass mark for points (> 100) but meets the pool mark (> 80 but < 100), will more consideration for nomination be given to someone with 95 points versus 85 points?

3. Lastly, if you happen to secure employer sponsorship after applying for the subclass 176 visa, will this require a whole new visa application or can you modify the existing application?

Any advice regarding the above is greatly appreciated.

Greg

imsocute
Newly Registered

Hi..

Post by imsocute » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Greg,
We are in the same boat right now, if are planning to apply for a 176 visa and you have experience in the Financial sector, NSW is the best place. I am about to apply myself and I am just waiting for my Skills Assessment to submit my application.

1. After applying for the subclass 176 visa, can you seek nomination from more than one state/territory?
Yes, you can apply for another state or territory depending upon their occupations in demand, if your nominated occupation is listed then you can apply.

2. In the case where one does not meet the pass mark for points (> 100) but meets the pool mark (> 80 but < 100), will more consideration for nomination be given to someone with 95 points versus 85 points?
It would be better to reach the passmark of 100 as there are a lot of ways like reaching the max points for IELTS, 7 for all bands, coz anyways, most state/territory has a minimum requirement of 7 for all bands for them to sponsor you depending upon the occupation some reach as high as 8 for all bands.

3. Lastly, if you happen to secure employer sponsorship after applying for the subclass 176 visa, will this require a whole new visa application or can you modify the existing application?
As far as I know, subclass 176 is a permanent visa, so you dont need to change anything although you must stay in the state/territory for a given period of time, usually 2 years and work in your nominated occupation. you are not allowed to go out and transfer to other states within this period.

So, I hope this helps, now I also a lot of questions in my mind regarding this application coz I do not have any idea regarding their assessment of such application. So it will be worth a risk. I hope you will share to me your progress also. here is my email if you want to share thoughts imsocute192001@gmail.com

Mark