ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success! Spouse visa holder!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desperado

ILR Success! Spouse visa holder!

Post by desperado » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Dear all,

My wife got her ILR yesterday. Thanks to this forum and the information I found here. It was pretty straight forward application and took us 2-3 hours to walk out with ILR stamped on her passport.

Booked an appointment at PEO croydon. The appointment is for 10am but got there only at 10.30am due to traffic but still got in without any issues.

Here is the full process:
1. Went through the main gate, security asked me whether I have got appointment letter or reference number? told reference number...and went through.
2. went through security checks and then queue for 5 mins
3. went to a counter on ground floor. gave our appointment reference number. checked all the documents and gave us a letter with a number.
4. went to first floor to pay the fees. paid the fees using debit card (chip and pin ofcourse)
5. went to the second floor. waited for 5-10 mins and called to a particular desk number.
6. gave all the application form and all other documents. they checked and asked us to wait 5 mins to check passport and check with supervisor whether ILR can be issued today. came back and said everything is fine. pls wait near counter 44 and you will get your passport with ILR. said waiting time is appx 2 hours.
7. waited for 1 hr something and our reference number was called. asked to check our ILR and the name on ILR. everything ok. said bye and came back home.

Tips:

1. Make sure you know the PIN number for your chip & pin credit or debit card.
2. Dont get there early then your appointment time because they sent them away and asked to come back at the correct appointment time.
3. Make sure you sort out your documents by Year. Rather then month by month and keep your document and your spouse document seperate.
4. We were asked documents in the following order:
a. Application Form
b. Life in the UK pass certificate
c. 2006 documents for her
d. 2006 documents for me
e. 2007 documents for her
f. 2007 documents for me
g. 2008 documents for her
h. 2008 documents for me
i. latest 3 months bank statement for me and her to prove we can survive financially.
j. birth certificate of our son (who was born in the UK).

The above is the order where they asked for documents in ground floor and second floor.

8. If you are taking bank statements, salary slip and any other document for the last two years...then keep them in yearly order. (i.e. 2006 bank statements, 2007 bank statements etc).

9. Sort your documents and staple them or use paper clip and use posted notes on top of each document so you can produce them quickly when you in the counter. I did that, so when the immigration officer asked for 2007 documents for her...i was able to present them quickly and easily without any issues.

10. Most important tip! Make sure your photo is stapled or paper clipped. I paniced when I was unable to find the photo when the immigration officer asked for them. It was right in front of me but in that moment...I couldn't find them. So staple them or paper clip them, so you don't loose them.

The following are the kind of documents we took:

1. Bank statements for two years
2. Pay slips for two years
3. P60 advice slips for 5 years
4. Her bank statements for two years
5. NHS card
6. Voters Registration card
7. Phone Bill
8. Mobile Bill
9. Council Tax
10. Water Tax
11. Electricity Bill
12. Gas Bill
13. Letter from employer
14. Surgery appointment Letters
15. Letters from Banks
16. Pension Letters
17. DVLA Letters
18. Motor Insurance
19. Tenancy Agreement
20. Credit Card statements

All the very best! If you prepare well, it is straight forward application!

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Desperado,

Congratulations! It must have been such a relief to finally get it over and done with. My husband is due to apply for his ILR in January 2008 so lets hope it all goes well!

Regards
The Confused One

desperado

Post by desperado » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:13 pm

The Confused One wrote:Desperado,

My husband is due to apply for his ILR in January 2008 so lets hope it all goes well!

Regards
The Confused One
You mean 2009? You really are a confused one. Lol :)

I'm sure it will go well. Organise your documents! staple them! put posted notes with information on top of them! Hand them year by year when they ask for it. All the best!

douces

Post by douces » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:30 pm

did they keep looking at your payslip and bank statements or they look at the twenty documents and also did they ask you and partner any question
me and my wife goning in two months time and i am so worried

netacct

Post by netacct » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Congratulations...Your list/points will help us as well.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm

why they want documents and payslips for all that years. its only required for the last 3 months isnt it? did they specifically asked you to submit all that years

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:31 pm

why they want documents and payslips for all that years. its only required for the last 3 months isnt it? did they specifically asked you to submit all that years
When you apply for ILR based on marriage, they want to see a variety of documents covering the entire two year period. There should be gudance about this in the SET(M) guidance notes.

douces

Post by douces » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 am

did they keep looking at your payslip and bank statements or they look at the twenty documents and also did they ask you and partner any question

desperado

Post by desperado » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:22 pm

douces wrote:did they keep looking at your payslip and bank statements or they look at the twenty documents and also did they ask you and partner any question
They didn't keep looking at the payslips or bank statements. In fact they didnt even look how much I earn or how much bank balance I had etc. They were just looking for month, year, name and address.

There is nothing to be worried about. The immigration officer was very friendly. Have your documents available year by year.

desperado

Post by desperado » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 pm

smiles345 wrote:why they want documents and payslips for all that years. its only required for the last 3 months isnt it? did they specifically asked you to submit all that years
You need 20 different documents. I didnt take 3 years worth of document for everything.

For example: I took 2-3 years worth of bank statements, payslips.
But I took vodaphone bill for 6-8 months for 2006.
BT bill for 6+ months for 2007 and
Gas bill 5+ months for 2008.

So the idea is you have enough documents for each year and you have 20+ different documents.