ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Practical questions regarding online citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shlumaan

Practical questions regarding online citizenship application

Post by Shlumaan » Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi there,

I have a few questions regarding the online application to apply for UK citizenship.

1) I am an EEA national and have acquired my permanent residence on 5th October 2015. The citizenship application form is asking me to provide details of all travel outside of the UK for "the last 5 years". This is NOT the same time period as the qualifying period that was used for the residence application, which would have been the five years prior to 5th October 2015, Oops. Should I provide details of the last five years, or for the qualifying period? The same question applies to providing proof of address for "the last 5 years" - does this refer to the last five years, or to the qualifying period used in my permanent residence application?
Note: To be on the safe side, I wanted to provide travel details for BOTH time periods, i.e. my qualifying period 2010-2015, as well as the last five years 2014-2019. However, there is not enough space given in the online application form to provide all this detail.

2) Once I completed my application, I was given a list of supporting documents which I need to provide with my application. This does not specify the need to send passport photographs. Is this correct?
Note: I will be attaching passport photographs to the referee forms as required. Will this suffice or do I need to post additional photographs?

3) Is there a service which will enable me to not send in my original passport? There are two options I can think of: a) I can send in my German national ID card instead of a passport; b) using a third party service which will verify my documents prior to sending photocopies to the home office. If b), how do I find details of such a service?

4) As "proof of address", I am asked to send in "letters from my employer". I do not have such letters, but I have my P60 forms for each tax year. Would this suffice? They specify my address. Alternatively, I also have council tax statements/bills - would this qualify as proof of address? The application states that bank statements or utility bills are not sufficient.

Sorry for the long and winding questioning process but will be very helpful to know your thoughts and get some guidance as the home office helpline knew nothing about the form.

Thanks in advance,

Ania

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Practical questions regarding online citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:12 pm

1. Citizenship is based on the 5 years immediately preceding your date of application and that is the information HO wants. It has nothing to do with your EEA/EU qualifying period for PR. You are not repeating the PR process etc.

2. Not required to send photos.

3. UKCVAS Sopra Steria. You will need to see what the options are to book an appointment at the end of the application process. british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html

4. Should be ok. You can send council tax if you want to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.