ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR kids after acquiring British Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rd_p
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR kids after acquiring British Citizenship

Post by rd_p » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:36 pm

I just got my British Citizenship last Jan 2019. I would like to know if my kids can now apply for ILR.

My kids arrived here in UK last 2015 together with my husband under Tier 2 - PBS dependant visa. Since it is still less than 5 years since my husband arrived therefore he is still not eligible to apply for ILR. I am wondering if my kids can now apply for ILR since I am already a British citizen, even though my husband is still under PBS dependant visa.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR kids after acquiring British Citizenship

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:54 pm

No they cannot as they follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent. Non UK born children can only get ILR when both parents have ILR. The fact that you are a citizen now is not relevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rd_p
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: ILR kids after acquiring British Citizenship

Post by rd_p » Wed May 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:54 pm
No they cannot as they follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent. Non UK born children can only get ILR when both parents have ILR. The fact that you are a citizen now is not relevant
Thanks.