ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College not in British Accreditation Council List

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desnetk

College not in British Accreditation Council List

Post by desnetk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:41 am

Hi,
if the college appear in dfes(http://www.dfes.gov.uk/providersregister/index.cfm) list and not in British Accreditation Council(http://www.the-bac.org/) does it mean it's still legitimate. I've transfered to this college which is in dfes and paid the money and I just heard that this college is not listed in BAC website. any comment would be appreciated..thanks

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm

As well as being under DIUS, your college needs to be registerd with any of the following 3 accrediting bodies:

www.britishcouncil.org

www.the-bac.org

www.asic.org.uk
Oh, the drama...!

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:49 pm

does this means if a college just listed under DIUS not in any other bodies, issued a postgraduate diploma it's not valid to apply for IGS?

being a BCS learning provider qualify to issue such certificates?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 pm

When did you transfer and when was the diploma issued?
Oh, the drama...!

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:34 am

this is the situation so far.

I have get my visa extended last year April for MSC in Computer studies in a college and after couple weeks I left the college due to the fact college postpone classes constantly. Then in June I enrolled with a different college to do a Post Graduate Diploma in Business studies and now I've finished it. My visa run out in this month and I want to apply for IGS, which I think I'm entitled.

My questions are, I have changed the college and the course which I've been granted leave to remain. But the point is the college I've been given visa is no longer exists. Their name has taken out from the DIUS list and it's out of the business. I never inform HO about changing the college though. Will it be any problem as I didn't inform the home office...?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

I think the OP should have informed the Ho about change of college. I think he might face problem since it is the responsibility of the student to inform HO as soon as they change college. There is no harm in applying for IGS.

If you are lucky they might ignore it. But even if you are refused you will appeal right and then you will able to explain your position to the Judge.

I think in the appeal you have a fair chance of winning.

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm

that's encouraging. But changing the college is entirely due to irregularities and frequent termination of classes. the point is now the college has been removed from the accreditation list and this proves the college is not genuine. I have read some cases in this forum where visa been refused solely because of not informing the HO. well, the immigration law says it's optional as far as I know..

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Check this link about informing HOabout change of college

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/providersregiste ... udents.cfm

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm

which address we need to use in order to inform the HO about any changes of our studies. I don't see it's mention anywhere in the http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Nowty

Post by Nowty » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Notifications Team
Compliance Team South
8th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croyden
CR9 2BY

Explain what has changed and why you have changed the course.
Make sure you keep a copy of it and send it "signed for".

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Got my IGS and am over the moon now. ECO was asking so many questions regarding the change of the college. But it wasn't big a deal after all
Thanks guys...

sunny side
Newly Registered

Graduate Level Course

Post by sunny side » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:19 am

Hi,

I am planning to do a Graduate Diploma (6 months) in the UK. Will I get any points for this course should I want to apply for HSMP in UK after completion of the course?

Thank you

Mari

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:38 am

I really don't think you would get any points for Graduate Diploma for HSMP. it should be Degree Level qualification(BSc,MSc,PhD,etc..)

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 pm

[quote="jei2"]As well as being under DIUS, your college needs to be registerd with any of the following 3 accrediting bodies:

www.britishcouncil.org

www.the-bac.org

www.asic.org.uk[/quote]

I would like to know whether in the HO website does it says other than college being registered under DCSF (The Registrar of Training Providers) it needs to registered by some other recognised bodies?