ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General ILR Absences Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

san668
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General ILR Absences Letter

Post by san668 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:38 am

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and applying for ILR. I have few doubts as below.

1. I have asked my sponsor to provide the letter mentioning absences from UK but my sponsor told me that Company can't mention 'absence from the UK' as they don't have any knowledge/record of me going out of UK.
However, they agreed to mention as 'authorised annual leave' and include other details like total paid annual leave allowance and the confirmation that I didn't take any unpaid leave.
I went to India on personal trip for around 20 days each year which is way less than the total paid annual leave balance. I also went for short holiday trips to Europe during weekends for which I didn't take annual leave.
I don't have more than total of 20 to 25 days of absence in the UK (including weekends) in any year. I can show all passport entry & exit stamps as proof of absence from UK.

Do they accept if I provide the letter as explained above? what should I mention in cover letter to help my application ?

2. When I checked the list of documents on the online SET O form, it is now asking only recent payslip and bank statement as below. Eariler (a month ago) it used to ask last 3 months payslip and bank statement.

"Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave."

Should I submit only one payslip - recent month payslip?
Regarding the bank statement, is the statement for one month showing the payslip amount enough or the last 3 months statement is required?

3. Any specific details I should mention on cover letter that will be useful to my application.
For e.g., I am not including my wife as a dependent in the ILR application. I will apply for her later as she still has visa until next year.

Should I have to mention my dependant details on the cover letter and also mention that I will apply her leave to remain before expiry.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General ILR Absences Letter

Post by zimba » Wed May 01, 2019 11:56 am

Do they accept if I provide the letter as explained above? what should I mention in cover letter to help my application ?
Yes
Regarding the bank statement, is the statement for one month showing the payslip amount enough or the last 3 months statement is required?
It is the most recent payslip and the corresponding bank statement only
3. Any specific details I should mention on cover letter that will be useful to my application.
For e.g., I am not including my wife as a dependent in the ILR application. I will apply for her later as she still has visa until next year.
Should I have to mention my dependant details on the cover letter and also mention that I will apply her leave to remain before expiry.
Your letter must also say that they need you for a foreseeable future.
Dependants can apply on their own and there is no need to mention this on any covering letter.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:58 am

san668 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:38 am
1. I have asked my sponsor to provide the letter mentioning absences from UK but my sponsor told me that Company can't mention 'absence from the UK' as they don't have any knowledge/record of me going out of UK.
However, they agreed to mention as 'authorised annual leave' and include other details like total paid annual leave allowance and the confirmation that I didn't take any unpaid leave.
I went to India on personal trip for around 20 days each year which is way less than the total paid annual leave balance. I also went for short holiday trips to Europe during weekends for which I didn't take annual leave.
I don't have more than total of 20 to 25 days of absence in the UK (including weekends) in any year. I can show all passport entry & exit stamps as proof of absence from UK.

Use these templates as a reference and ask your HR to print on their letter head and sign it.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 67381.html
san668 wrote:
2. When I checked the list of documents on the online SET O form, it is now asking only recent payslip and bank statement as below. Eariler (a month ago) it used to ask last 3 months payslip and bank statement.

"Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave."

One month is fine and bank statement reflecting that amount, but for your peace of mind, you can submit 3 months.
Case Worker wants to verify the amount you getting paid each month is reflecting in your bank statements or not.
san668 wrote:
Which cover letter you mentioning here --- self written ?
No need to mention about your dependents if they are not applying along with you.

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Thanks everyone.

In the form, there is option to submit multiple evidences. So in addition to the option of letter from sponsor I can select 'Other' option and enter 'passport entry and exit stamps'. I can later upload the scanned copies of the passport stamps. This is just to be on the safe side and to support my application.

In addition to letter, can I show the passport entry & exist stamps as evidence just to be sure?

My another doubt is - How do I need to submit original passports? Should I have to submit during the service point appointment?

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:01 am

For your peace of mind and to be in safer side, submit all the pages of your passport. This will work as an evidence to entry and exit stamps.

You upload the scanned copies of the original passports. They will verify whether they are in readable (or visible) format or not. If not, then they will re-scan.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 am

Dependents can apply on their own and there is no need to mention this on any covering letter.
I strongly suggest you mention that your dependent are not applying with you and will apply later.
I have seen a case on this forum, where the caseworker came back and asked about this. This then caused delays in the processing of the application and later on HO refused to refund the super-priority fees. Luckily, the guy had already mentioned that in the cover letter (which was overlooked by the case worker) and got his super-priority fees back.

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks again for the replies. I have discussed with HR about absences letter today.

On the Set O form I mentioned the dates as below.

First absence:
When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies? 8 October 2016
When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies? 2 November 2016

Another absence:
When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies? 17 April 2019
When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies? 21 April 2019

My company HR told me that on the letter she can mention only the working days which I took leave. So the above dates will be mentioned as below.

His authorized annual leaves were during on following dates;

10 October 2016 to 2 November 2016

17 April 2019 to 18 April 2019

In the first absence, 8th Oct & 9th Oct 2016 were on weekends so they won't be included on the letter.

Similarly for second absence which is a short trip, 19th, 20th & 21 st april 2019 is long weekend. So these dates won't be included in the letter.

What should I do now? Is the above letter with missing weekend dates is fine or should I mention these details on the cover letter?

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Also want to add below.

Another absence on set O form
26 May 2018 to 28 May 2018

This won't be mentioned on the absence letter as this was during long weekend and no annual leave.
What about this? Please answer this along with my earlier question in earlier reply?

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Please can someone reply to my above queries. Thanks

ms28
Newly Registered
India

Post by ms28 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:12 pm

I am planning to apply for my ILR in this week. Please can someone reply to my above queries.
Appreciate your help. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 pm

ms28 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:12 pm
I am planning to apply for my ILR in this week. Please can someone reply to my above queries.
Appreciate your help. Thanks
This isn't your topic so not sure what queries 'above' you are referring to. Please post in your own topic you already have.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-gener ... l#p1776916
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 pm

I am glad to tell that my ILR has been approved today. I have submitted my biometrics today at 9 am and received the approval email from home office within 3 hours.
Thanks to Zimba and cracker1234 for answering my queries. I am grateful to this forum and to all the helpful members.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:49 pm

san668 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 pm
I am glad to tell that my ILR has been approved today. I have submitted my biometrics today at 9 am and received the approval email from home office within 3 hours.
Thanks to Zimba and cracker1234 for answering my queries. I am grateful to this forum and to all the helpful members.
Congrates bro!