ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No confirmation email from UKVI _spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uaana
Newly Registered
India

No confirmation email from UKVI _spouse visa

Post by uaana » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:51 am

I applied for priority spouse application. we scanned our supporting document on the 12th of April. I did not receive an email stating that my application is being considered by an entry clearance officer . So I availed UkVI email service and received two response . The first response mentioned that UKVI does not send confirmation email but it does send a decision made email . However the second email stated that my application is being considered and is awaiting decision . It has been over 2 weeks from the scanning the document and it is indeed worrisome to think I might be the only one who has not got an email confirming that my application is with a decision maker and is in process . Is there anyone who has not received an email yet got their priority spouse visa approved on time ? How common is it for UKVI not to send such email?

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: No confirmation email from UKVI _spouse visa

Post by Heythereitsme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:24 am

Hey, I’m in the exact same position although I haven’t contacted UKVI yet.

My husband paid for priority in India on the 11th and documents were scanned at vfs on the 12th of April but I haven’t received any emails from UKVI.

Where did you pay for priority?

I suppose some people don’t receive email confirmations

Jhelumi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 am

Hello,

Give it three to four weeks.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 am

Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 am
Hello,

Give it three to four weeks.
For priority? I have seen people getting eco emails within a week/week and a half

AN3010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AN3010 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:46 am

My husband submitted his biometrics on 11th April (priority) and we received the confirmation email yesterday.

Judging by the timelines, it usually takes around 10-14 working days for priority cases to get a confirmation.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:42 am

AN3010 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:46 am
My husband submitted his biometrics on 11th April (priority) and we received the confirmation email yesterday.

Judging by the timelines, it usually takes around 10-14 working days for priority cases to get a confirmation.
Hope I get mine soon .. my husband also submitted his biometrics on the 11th (priority)

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Wed May 01, 2019 1:49 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:24 am

My husband paid for priority in India on the 11th and documents were scanned at vfs on the 12th of April but I haven’t received any emails from UKVI.

My biometric was on the 04th of April in New Delhi . Yeah , I think few applicants just don’t receive such email . Let’s hope for the best .

Zadkiel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zadkiel » Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am

uaana wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:51 am
The first response mentioned that UKVI does not send confirmation email but it does send a decision made email .

Is there anyone who has not received an email yet got their priority spouse visa approved on time ? How common is it for UKVI not to send such email?
In my *extremely recent* experience (we got the decision made email yesterday) this is all true. I did not get an ECO email, I got absolutely zero contact from them, no documents returned (yet), no emails, no phone calls, and then, wham, 25 working days (5 weeks) into the 30 day priority period, boom "TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you."

Hope that information is helpful to you.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 01, 2019 7:03 am

Zadkiel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am
uaana wrote:
The first response mentioned that UKVI does not send confirmation email but it does send a decision made email .

Is there anyone who has not received an email yet got their priority spouse visa approved on time ? How common is it for UKVI not to send such email?
In my *extremely recent* experience (we got the decision made email yesterday) this is all true. I did not get an ECO email, I got absolutely zero contact from them, no documents returned (yet), no emails, no phone calls, and then, wham, 25 working days (5 weeks) into the 30 day priority period, boom "TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you."

Extremely reassuring 😊 thanks for sharing

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Wed May 01, 2019 7:07 am

Zadkiel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am
uaana wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. This information is very helpful. I suppose I can breath a sigh of relief now.
I hope the decision is in favour. Do let me know ! :)

Zadkiel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zadkiel » Wed May 01, 2019 7:10 am

You are both very welcome. We will find out tomorrow if the visa was approved - today is a national holiday in Russia where my wife is from, so the TLS office is closed.

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 am

uaana wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:49 am
Heythereitsme wrote:

My biometric was on the 04th of April in New Delhi . Yeah , I think few applicants just don’t receive such email . Let’s hope for the best .
When did you email them for more information?
4th? Not too much longer for you to wait hopefully

Do let me know if you have any updates 😊

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Wed May 01, 2019 9:36 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 am
uaana wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Do let me know if you have any updates 😊 - Deffo will!
I sent an email to UKVI on 22nd April and received both responses from them the next day , the 23rd.
All we can do is simply wait I suppose .
Good Luck !

Dsandhu
United Kingdom

Post by Dsandhu » Wed May 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi , I'm in similar situation my husband had his biometric on the 8th march 2019 spouse visa application non priority from india.

Till date i had no confirmation from ukvi regarding ECO email .........so last week i emailed them and ask for an update and they provided me with an update.......your application is being considered and currently awaiting decision!

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:45 pm
Hi , I'm in similar situation my husband had his biometric on the 8th march 2019 spouse visa application non priority from india.

Till date i had no confirmation from ukvi regarding ECO email .........so last week i emailed them and ask for an update and they provided me with an update.......your application is being considered and currently awaiting decision!
The response must be reassuring! From reading different posts on this forum it looks like some people don’t get eco emails

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 01, 2019 8:59 pm

uaana wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:36 am
Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 am
uaana wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Do let me know if you have any updates 😊 - Deffo will!
I sent an email to UKVI on 22nd April and received both responses from them the next day , the 23rd.
All we can do is simply wait I suppose .
Good Luck !
Thanks and good luck to you too

Dsandhu
United Kingdom

Post by Dsandhu » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 pm
Dsandhu wrote:

The response must be reassuring! From reading different posts on this forum it looks like some people don’t get eco emails
In a way it is reassuring but when i think deep don't reassure me .....as still unclear whether its with caseworker or not!

I rang ukvi and the guy said they are cutting down on not email people about eco anymore it was the old system when they used to email.........i said nearly everyone got eco emails and he said their application must be on the old systems!

You are right nothing is consistent....i have rwad so many forumns and some people don't get such email and such does!

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Thu May 02, 2019 6:42 am

Dsandhu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:

In a way it is reassuring but when i think deep don't reassure me .....as still unclear whether its with caseworker or not!

I rang ukvi and the guy said they are cutting down on not email people about eco anymore it was the old system when they used to email.........i said nearly everyone got eco emails and he said their application must be on the old systems!

You are right nothing is consistent....i have rwad so many forumns and some people don't get such email and such does!
It is very strange indeed , UKVI claiming they are upgrading their old system by cutting down on the number of emails they sent and in my case they claimed they don't send confirmation email , yet they have sent confirmation emails to most of the applicants , or at least what I have observed from the timelines shared at this forum. These were the emails sent to me :

1st email:

" Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about your application ,The making decision centre don't send E-mail of confirmation of application ,How ever they will send you an E-mail once a decision has been made . It can take up to 60 working days for a decision to be made
"

2nd email

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors."

I am confused beyond comprehension and seems as though only limited number of people like us do not receive emails .
It is actually pretty nerve-wrecking !!!

Dsandhu
United Kingdom

Post by Dsandhu » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am

uaana wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:42 am
Dsandhu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:

It is very strange indeed , UKVI claiming they are upgrading their old system by cutting down on the number of emails they sent and in my case they claimed they don't send confirmation email , yet they have sent confirmation emails to most of the applicants , or at least what I have observed from the timelines shared at this forum. These were the emails sent to me :

1st email:

" Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about your application ,The making decision centre don't send E-mail of confirmation of application ,How ever they will send you an E-mail once a decision has been made . It can take up to 60 working days for a decision to be made
"

2nd email

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors."

I am confused beyond comprehension and seems as though only limited number of people like us do not receive emails .
It is actually pretty nerve-wrecking !!!

Yea its very strange! I had the same email response your application is being considered and currently awaiting decision!

Its nerve wrecking trying to figure out why we haven't received any emails! Its been 8 weeks inmy
My case and I haven't received any emails yet!

I think it should be ok if yhey don't send emails

Zadkiel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zadkiel » Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am

uaana wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:07 am
Thank you very much for your response. This information is very helpful. I suppose I can breath a sigh of relief now.
Visa was approved.

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 am

Zadkiel wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am
uaana wrote:
Visa was approved.
wohooo Congrats!! Gives me hope that all is good

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Thu May 02, 2019 11:08 am

Zadkiel wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am
uaana wrote:
Visa was approved.
Congratulations!

Heythereitsme
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Heythereitsme » Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 am

uaana wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Just to let you know, I’ve received my eco email today

Dsandhu
United Kingdom

Post by Dsandhu » Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 am

Oh good! I hope i get it aswell sometime soon its been 8 weeks today!

Its really stressing me out

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Thu May 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 am
uaana wrote:
Heythereitsme wrote:

Just to let you know, I’ve received my eco email today
Good to know. Wondering why I haven't received mine .