ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr new process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ilr new process

Post by shaff » Thu May 02, 2019 2:40 am

hi everyone
sorry if this question is ask before.
il be applying for my ilr very soon. im a bit confused abt the new process. if i do the online application. can i still send my supportive documents by post.
thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ilr new process

Post by zimba » Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 am

You apply online and then need to book an appointment at one of the UKVCAS centers to attend in person.
Your will scan your documents and upload them before the appointment. You take the original documents with you which they will then be checked and and returned to you. Postal route is not available anymore.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shaff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shaff » Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 am

hi zimba. thank u very much for ur reply. bless u
is it possible if i take my documents with me and i pay extra and one of their staff do it for me. im not that good in these kind of scaning stuff.
also my payslip are online
are they ok to accept?
do i need to show the whole 2.5 years proof of address (BOTH) 6 JOINT OR 12 B/W
Like my bank statments if a show this is aproof of address. should i provide every single month. sorry im a bit thick if i sound like
thanks a loads
regards
shaff

s4aox
Newly Registered

Post by s4aox » Thu May 02, 2019 9:09 am

Hello,

For proof of cohabitation, you can have 6 joint correspondence that will cover you and your partner, or 6 correspondence each all from at least 3 different sources, these need to be evenly spread out to cover the last 2.5 years.

Online Payslips are absolutely fine, I'd cover yourself by getting them stamped by your internal Payroll dept, don't forget the letter from your employers and your P60.

In regards to the scanning, I think there's now a service that does this for you when you attend your appointment, but you're charged for this.

Good luck,

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:43 am

shaff wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 am
hi zimba. thank u very much for ur reply. bless u
is it possible if i take my documents with me and i pay extra and one of their staff do it for me. im not that good in these kind of scaning stuff.
also my payslip are online
are they ok to accept?
do i need to show the whole 2.5 years proof of address (BOTH) 6 JOINT OR 12 B/W
Like my bank statments if a show this is aproof of address. should i provide every single month. sorry im a bit thick if i sound like
thanks a loads
regards
shaff
You can buy this scan service online @£35. You will see this option when you book an appointment with Sopra Steria.
I don't think proof of address is mandatory document asked as part of the process. Document checklist will give you all the mandatory or optional documents to be submitted.
Last edited by cracker1234 on Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 am
You apply online and then need to book an appointment at one of the UKVCAS centers to attend in person.
Your will scan your documents and upload them before the appointment. You take the original documents with you which they will then be checked and and returned to you. Postal route is not available anymore.
Are you sure postal route is not available anymore. I don’t think so. I think it’s a choice. Can you show me where this is mentioned in the new system Zimba
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 am

Zimba can you let me know where this is specifically mentioned. Thanks.
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu May 02, 2019 10:32 am

Just found it.
Bizman