ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR application queries (Main and dependents)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 to ILR application queries (Main and dependents)

Post by Arathi13 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi Admins and members,

First, I'm unable to find my old topic / thread so starting a new topic for my queries, my apologies. Admins please feel free to merge my topics.

I'm applying for my and partner's ILR application next week and wanted to check in case I am missing anything from the list of documents required to be submitted for the application.

Below are all the relevant dates for Continuous Period Calculation, for both main (Tier 2 General) and dependent (Tier 2 General PBS dependent partner) applicant:

Initial Tier 2 (General) visa was valid from: 27-May-2014
Date of initial entry into UK: 26-Jun-2014
Initial Tier 2 (General) visa expiry: 16-Apr-2013
BRP (new) leave to remain was valid from: 07-Mar-2017
BRP (new) leave to remain is valid until: 14-May-2020

We both have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a Tier 2 (General) (Main /Partner) visa holder on the 26 May 2019 (counting the 5 year period from 27 May 2014, the date when my initial application for entry clearance was approved). I have not spent more than 180 days outside the UK during any year within the 5 years I have been living in the UK.

Expected date of online application submission 03-May-2019 (Is this safe to submit on this date or shall I wait for a few more days?)

I'm submitting the following documents in support of application for Indefinite Leave to Remain –

Main applicant:
1. Passports (current).
2. Biometric Residence Card.
3. Old passport with issued Visa and entry stamps.
4. Life in the UK Test pass notification
5. English Test pass certificate
6. Recent payslips for February, March and April 2019.
7. Bank statements for February, March and April 2019 (till date) (showing the salary payment credit date).
8. Proof of address: Utility bills and UK driving licence (Is this required?)
9. Letter from sponsor confirming that I am still required for the role, that I am receiving a salary of £xx per annum for a xx hour working week, that e-payslips are authorised notification of monthly payment, that the SOC code for my role is xxxx and certifying that it is paid at or above the appropriate rate for my role.
10. Letter from sponsor with lists of absences from the UK with reasons.
11. Signed consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks - Part 1 signed by me and Part 2 by my partner

Dependent partner applicant:
1. Passports (current).
2. Biometric Residence Card.
3. Old passport with issued Visa and entry stamps.
4. Life in the UK Test pass notification
5. English Test pass certificate
6. Cohabitation evidences –
a. Joint current account statement for last two years
b. Council bills for last two years
c. Mortgage account statement for last two years
d. NHS letters for last two years
e. Utility bills for last two years
f. Voting cards
g. Marriage certificate
7. Signed consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks - Part 1 signed by my partner and Part 2 by me

I'm not applying ILR for my two dependent children who were born in the UK, this is on the assumption that post grant of my ILR both of them will be eligible to apply for the British citizenship (through MN1, 3(1)) and subsequently apply for a British passport. Eldest child holds an Indian passport and younger one was born in Dec-18 so doesn't have any document other than the UK birth certificate. Is this assumption correct and can I follow this approach?

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 to ILR application queries (Main and dependents)

Post by Arathi13 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Hello Moderators, can anybody confirm please.

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arathi13 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Can anybody help on this topic queries. Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far.

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arathi13 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:56 am

I want to share my experience, i did not get any responses to my queries above but went with the documents listed above for my biometric appointment today morning. It took only 30 mins during the appointment and i got my ILR granted just in 2 hours!

All thanks to all moderators and users who have shared their experiences on this forum which helped prepare for my application.

I can try to help in case anybody would like to check anything in my case.

Arun211
India

Post by Arun211 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi, Congrats on ILR!!

A quick one from my side, Is your dependent working? if yes, did you have to submit her payslips & bank statements?

Cheers

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arathi13 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Arun211 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi, Congrats on ILR!!

A quick one from my side, Is your dependent working? if yes, did you have to submit her payslips & bank statements?

Cheers
Thank you!

Yes, wife is working but no need to submit her payslips. So you can submit bank statements for last two years to show cohabitation

Arun211
India

Post by Arun211 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Great, Thanks for confirmation. Enjoy :)
Cheers

Arun211
India

Post by Arun211 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:02 am

Hi, We are in similar situation as yours towards ILR, hence asking you couple more on this. Mostly from dependent's perspective

1) Did you have to mention about spouse's earnings i.e. her PAYE anywhere in SET(O)?
2) Is there any requirement to specify dependent's NI number ?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:05 am

Arun211 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:02 am
Hi, We are in similar situation as yours towards ILR, hence asking you couple more on this. Mostly from dependent's perspective

1) Did you have to mention about spouse's earnings i.e. her PAYE anywhere in SET(O)?
2) Is there any requirement to specify dependent's NI number ?

Cheers
1. No.

2. If the form asks. Nit every applies for bi.

3. You should keep your questions in your own topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arun211
India

Post by Arun211 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:11 am

@CR001, Sure thanks for those response and apologies, i will stick to my own topics in future. :D

Cheers