ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP extension - No sponsorship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP extension - No sponsorship

Post by Tallywithme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Document checklist I was prompted to download at the end of my application and after calling in to make an appointment.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Update: I had a 14:30 appointment at the Croydon centre and only left around 16:30pm yesterday.

The process is pretty straightforward. Bring all the documents in your specific checklist provided at the end of your application. It is available to download. They check them. Send you for your biometrics whilst they scan them. You wait for what felt like an hour and a half to be called back for your documents or more infromation. If they need more from you they ask you. If they don't, you get all your documents back except for your passport and BRP card. I got called back and they just handed me my stuff back and said I will be notified when a decision is made. So now we wait!

I will post my timeline once I hear back from them. Fingers crossed!

I like this new process. Seems more effecient and faster than before. You just have to know your route for application and all is simple from there. I will forever be thankful for this forum. Without it people would be completely lost.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi guys, I am a little worried now. I still haven't received a decision or my passport back. I tried to call the centre but they always put me through to someone who doesn't have the answers... What do you suggest I do? My job is asking for an uodate. I don't see a reason why they haven't written back to me and if there is a problem with my application, wouldn't they write to me to inform me whether or not I am successful? I am so confused. What do I do?

My appointment was the same day appointment/interview and biometrics submission. I waited about 40 mins after my submission to get my stuff back and an "OK, we don't need anything else" feedback.