ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh, Settlement Scheme - Section 7. Details of Family Relationship - 7.8

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khrissy3000
Newly Registered
England

Surinder Singh - Settlement Status - Expired RC

Post by Khrissy3000 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:24 pm

This is my first post in a very long time...

My wife's residence card expired in March 2019. Due to Brexit and the new settlement scheme, we decided (after learning our rights) that we would not apply for PR as we'd still have to apply for SS anyway.

We finally received our paper copy of SS last week and it turns out that we have to complete sections 5 & 6, which wouldn't have been necessary had we a valid registration certificate, residence card (RC) or permanent residence (PR).

For anyone who does not have the form yet, section 5 & 6 are basically requested information and evidence regarding your time in an EU state. When you arrived & departed, date you started working, self employment, self sufficient, studying. Also date your partner arrived, what she did in the EU state, how you both integrated etc etc. (Basically everything you submitted for your RC must be submitted again). Anyone else a bit annoyed that they are asking for all this again, it feels as though we never had a RC and we have been pushed back to the start, the form should be entirely about the UK and they should recognise both current active RC cards as well as completed 5 year periods.

Rant over!

Khrissy3000
Newly Registered
England

Surinder Singh, Settlement Scheme - Section 7. Details of Family Relationship - 7.8

Post by Khrissy3000 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:43 am

Beware of question 7.8 If you have never made an application to join or remain with the British citizen in the UK previously, please explain the reason for this in the box below

So I'm not sure what a good answer would be for this question, but I think you'd be denied if you put couldn't afford the fees, minimum income was too high, we decided to enter the UK through the back door. Lol
Attachments
20190504_013016.jpg
20190504_013016.jpg (140.8 KiB) Viewed 523 times

rpvmk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Surinder Singh, Settlement Scheme - Section 7. Details of Family Relationship - 7.8

Post by rpvmk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:27 am

Could you please let me know what is Surinder singh Route?

Thanks,

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: Surinder Singh, Settlement Scheme - Section 7. Details of Family Relationship - 7.8

Post by hrak1978 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:57 am

@rpvmk

this is Surinder Singh route.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195

I hope it will suffice
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }