ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document scan challenges/problems

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamakhaa

Document scan challenges/problems

Post by hamakhaa » Fri May 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to upload the document online via the vfs document upload option and having the following issue:

1. When I upload i can preview what is in the to be uploaded document. But once they are uploaded I cannot preview them. Are you experiencing that? I am a bit worried that I cant worried what I am uploading.

2. The categories they have specified are somewhat confusing. For e.g. where should I put the accommodation docs. Ther is "Accomodation - permanent/temporary" and then in Sponsor Evidence they have mentioned about proof of accommodation. Not sure which one to choose to put accommodation docs like Tenancy Agreement, House Inspection Report, Bills and other relevant stuff?

3. Where should the bank statement would go, There is financial evidence but there is employment evidence too where the bank statement MAY BE relevant as it has salary transaction too.

4. I have booked the biometric after 10 days of application submission, is this going to be a problem in any way? I had to choose this because when I tried to choose the premium service I am unable to pay via card for some reason and had to choose the non premium service so that I dont have to pay. Seems like the vfs website is not working properly. Has anyone experienced it?

5. If I submit through application centers in UK, do I need to book an appointment? This is for initial spouse visa application and not extension.

Would appreciate if someone would be able to give answers to these please.

Thanks,
Hamakhaa

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Document scan challenges/problems

Post by rmkirfan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am

hamakhaa wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Hello everyone,
I have been trying to upload the document online via the vfs document upload option and having the following issue:

1. When I upload i can preview what is in the to be uploaded document. But once they are uploaded I cannot preview them. Are you experiencing that? I am a bit worried that I cant worried what I am uploading. You can view document list after you make bio payment, it will display document list and you can upload documents untill your bio date. It's better to upload one day before bio, if there are any server issues.

2. The categories they have specified are somewhat confusing. For e.g. where should I put the accommodation docs. Ther is "Accomodation - permanent/temporary" and then in Sponsor Evidence they have mentioned about proof of accommodation. Not sure which one to choose to put accommodation docs like Tenancy Agreement, House Inspection Report, Bills and other relevant stuff? I have uploaded bank statements in Finance section.Tenancy agreement more suitable for Accomodation. I don't worry too much about section, as they are generic for many other applications. As long as they are relevant and uploaded that should be fine.

3. Where should the bank statement would go, There is financial evidence but there is employment evidence too where the bank statement MAY BE relevant as it has salary transaction too. Check Above

4. I have booked the biometric after 10 days of application submission, is this going to be a problem in any way? I had to choose this because when I tried to choose the premium service I am unable to pay via card for some reason and had to choose the non premium service so that I dont have to pay. Seems like the vfs website is not working properly. Has anyone experienced it? I have seen many members doing this, there is no such restriction.

5. If I submit through application centers in UK, do I need to book an appointment? This is for initial spouse visa application and not extension. I have self uploaded documents, but I seen posts and guidelines , you can walk in with out appointment.

Would appreciate if someone would be able to give answers to these please.

Thanks,
Hamakhaa

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat May 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks so much for your reply.

I tried to upload a pdf doc with size of 7mb but it doesn't gets upload. All it says that there is an error please try again. Is it quite normal to get these error. Did you get these ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 pm

size of 7mb
The size limit is 6mb.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat May 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks CR001, just tried a document which is less than 6mb, i.e. 5.9 mb. Still I am getting the same error.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat May 04, 2019 10:38 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:58 pm
Thanks CR001, just tried a document which is less than 6mb, i.e. 5.9 mb. Still I am getting the same error.
I did get this error for small size eg 120kb, this is not size issue. I noticed If I'm inactive on the page for few minutes, it will throw error message. Logout and log in again after 5-10 min, should be be ok.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun May 05, 2019 11:09 am

You can only upload certain format of documents so if format is not allowed, the size of document is not relevant.

Try make in common PDF, JPEG etc although the formats accepted are listed in instructions you have received.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sun May 05, 2019 11:04 pm

All of my documents are in pdf format.

To be honest I have now given up on uploading my self. Don't think it is a good idea to upload on a system which is not stable. I am planning to go to the vac centre in manchester to submit/get scanned the docs in the next week.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Does anyone of you know if we can go to the UK center to submit documents before biometric. Or is it only afterwards?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 pm
Does anyone of you know if we can go to the UK center to submit documents before biometric. Or is it only afterwards?
I think the centre scan and upload on same day of biometrics on additional cost.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Seagul, sorry not sure if I have understood you reply correctly.

The biometric will be in Pakistan on 14th May. I as the sponsor will be submitting the supporting documents in UK. The question is when should i go to submit the supporting docs, is it ok to submit before biometric? Would they accept it? Or is it only after the biometric?
seagul wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 pm
hamakhaa wrote:
I think the centre scan and upload on same day of biometrics on additional cost.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 06, 2019 9:13 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 pm
Seagul, sorry not sure if I have understood you reply correctly.

The biometric will be in Pakistan on 14th May. I as the sponsor will be submitting the supporting documents in UK. The question is when should i go to submit the supporting docs, is it ok to submit before biometric? Would they accept it? Or is it only after the biometric?
seagul wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 pm
hamakhaa wrote:
Thanks for clarifying a bit more. In past the supporting documents were supposed to dispatch to Sheffield after the biometrics, therefore similarly again the supporting documents must be scanned & uploaded at VFS center after biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon May 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks Seagul.

In that case I will go on 15th May once the biometric is done.

Shah khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shah khan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi respected member.
I am applying for ilr 10 years route.when i upload more than one document the system does not allow me.at a time only 1 document uploaded.
I will be so thankful if someone help me
Thanks in advance