ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Luckystar17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

FLR(FP) Help

Post by Luckystar17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:54 am

Hi

I am a silent member of this forum for a few years. This is the first time I am writing here though.

I applied for FLRO in feb 2012. And was granted leave under 10 year parent route. Then after 2.5 years I extended the stay and was granted another 2.5 years on 5 year route on DLRPT1.1

Now in august last year i applied for ILR on grounds that since my case was before rule change 2012 I should be considered for settlement on form SETO.

The home office refused my settlement and granted me leave for another 30 monts but under DLRPT1.2 which i know is 10 year route even though I fulfill all tbe requirement for DLRPT1.1

My question is that can I apply for ILR again after comleting this 2.5 year period as I meet all the requirement. Or do I need a PAP in order to get back on 5 year route? Or any other suggestion what to do?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) Help

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 am

You may even be eligible for ILR under 10 years long residence route when your current leave of 30 months will expire.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Luckystar17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Luckystar17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:09 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 am
You may even be eligible for ILR under 10 years long residence route when your current leave of 30 months will expire.
I would not have completed 10 years continuous residence by the time my leave expires. I will be well short

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Luckystar17 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:09 am
seagul wrote:
I would not have completed 10 years continuous residence by the time my leave expires. I will be well short
You can apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10th anniversary. If your visa still short then apply for another extension then vary it to ILR long residence application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Luckystar17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Luckystar17 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:28 pm
Luckystar17 wrote:
seagul wrote:
You can apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10th anniversary. If your visa still short then apply for another extension then vary it to ILR long residence application.

Yes but that woule mean I have to wait to till 2023 for ILR whereas on 5 year route i can apply in november next year.

Anyone can tell me if admin review along with last letter of grant under 5 year route will change it bak to 5 year route as case worker has completely blanked the last letter and mentioned only 1st grant letter under 10 year route bak in 2012?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Luckystar17 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Luckystar17 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Yes but that woule mean I have to wait to till 2023 for ILR whereas on 5 year route i can apply in november next year.

Anyone can tell me if admin review along with last letter of grant under 5 year route will change it bak to 5 year route as case worker has completely blanked the last letter and mentioned only 1st grant letter under 10 year route bak in 2012?
Copy paste the letter highlighting the reason that why you were switched onto 10 years route.

Luckystar17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Luckystar17 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:25 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm
Luckystar17 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Luckystar17 wrote:

Copy paste the letter highlighting the reason that why you were switched onto 10 years route.
Hi sorry for delated response. I did repky but some how it did not get submitted.

I do not have the letter with me at the moment because it is with my solicitor.

The reason for ILR refusal was that I was never granted DLR even though the application was before the law change. And letter says it does not matter if the application was lodged before rule change as only it will be considered under new rules regardless of time period. Which is wrong as there is a high court ruling for this matter. Also i was granted leave under DLTRPT 1.2. And case worker mentioned that i should either have completed 5 year under ECPT or DCPT(dnt k ow the correct paragraph number it stated) 1.1 or DTRPT1.2 and 120 months. The last leave I was granted was also under DLTRPT 1.2 which clearly mentioned 5 year parent route. 1st leave also said DLTRPT 1.2. Any suggestions?