ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance - Can I Apply within the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klmacko

Entry Clearance - Can I Apply within the UK

Post by klmacko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 pm

If I have my HSMP visa, and come to the UK on a visit to get a job, can I apply for the EC from the UK? or do I have to go back to my original coutry to apply and wait for approval?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:04 pm

I hope you mean - If I have a HSMP approval .... (and not HSMP visa, as you claim above, because then why would you need an EC at all?).

EC is an out-country application, so cannot be made from within UK. Moreover, on a visitor visa you cannot make an application to switch from within UK.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 pm

You cannot apply for Entry Clearance in-country as you're already in the country. The equivalent you can get in the UK is Leave to Remain but you won't be able to switch from visitor visa to LR on HSMP.

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 pm

OK thanks! That's what I thought but I wanted to verify that if I go to the UK with a HSMP approval to find a job, I would still have to come back to get the EC.