ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SetM Biometric Appointment After Visa Expires

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s4aox
Newly Registered

ILR SetM Biometric Appointment After Visa Expires

Post by s4aox » Sat May 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi Guys,

My partners FLR (M) visa expires on the 17th of May, we've just submitted and paid for the online ILR set-m application (5 year spouse route), but on the Sopra website, the earliest we can get an appointment for docs and biometric appointment is the 24th of May, this is 7 days after the visa expires! Will this cause an issue? or is the date of the application the date we paid and submitted online which is todays date?

Also, do i need to scan and upload the documents now or can I do it a few days before the appointment?

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR SetM Biometric Appointment After Visa Expires

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 pm

s4aox wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:44 pm
Hi Guys,

My partners FLR (M) visa expires on the 17th of May, we've just submitted and paid for the online ILR set-m application (5 year spouse route), but on the Sopra website, the earliest we can get an appointment for docs and biometric appointment is the 24th of May, this is 7 days after the visa expires! Will this cause an issue? or is the date of the application the date we paid and submitted online which is todays date?

Also, do i need to scan and upload the documents now or can I do it a few days before the appointment?

Thanks,
The date of application is today so biometrics date is irrelevant. You get 45 working days to submit biometrics. You can upload docs anytime before the appointment (if you choose to self upload).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

s4aox
Newly Registered

Post by s4aox » Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, so attending the biometric appoint at sopra after my partners visa expires won't been an issue aslong as the online application has been submitted and paid for before her visa expires?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 pm

s4aox wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm
Thanks for the quick reply, so attending the biometric appoint at sopra after my partners visa expires won't been an issue aslong as the online application has been submitted and paid for before her visa expires?
Yes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

s4aox
Newly Registered

Post by s4aox » Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Amazing, thank you.