ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Umbrella company - Salaried employment??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robbo765
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Umbrella company - Salaried employment??

Post by robbo765 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am

Hi everyone/anyone,

My wife and I are about to start the visa application process for the U.K. spousal visa. I have recently changed jobs and locations (January) and prior to that I worked through an umbrella company as a contractor. Due to not being in my current job for 6 months I need to use my umbrella company work to meet the financial requirements for the visa, but I am unsure if this is classified as Salaried employment or self employment? I meet the income requirements in both my posts and I also meet the savings requirement, if necessary. I just don’t want to X the wrong box and that cause our application to fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dan

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Umbrella company - Salaried employment??

Post by rmkirfan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 am

robbo765 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am
Hi everyone/anyone,

My wife and I are about to start the visa application process for the U.K. spousal visa. I have recently changed jobs and locations (January) and prior to that I worked through an umbrella company as a contractor. Due to not being in my current job for 6 months I need to use my umbrella company work to meet the financial requirements for the visa, but I am unsure if this is classified as Salaried employment or self employment? I meet the income requirements in both my posts and I also meet the savings requirement, if necessary. I just don’t want to X the wrong box and that cause our application to fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dan
Yes umbrella company will act as employer or salaried employment. But its better keep the payments same for 6 months.I believe they can provide employment letter and pay slips..

robbo765
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by robbo765 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Thank you for your reply you’ve been most helpful. I received differing amounts of pay but I have all my payslips and I have contracts etc... on my online portal that they use.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm

robbo765 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am
I also meet the savings requirement, if necessary.
As your employment is causing you confusion/ is slightly not straightforward why don’t you apply using savings, would be much simpler.

You need to evidence you have minimum £62,500 held in your own named account (or joint with applicant) for last 6 months. Also need to explain source of funds.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat May 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Different payments won't be an issue, as long as you get the employment letter matches to pay slips. Or as above suggested, may be worth going for savings route to avoid minor confusion.

robbo765
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by robbo765 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Sorry. I wasn’t too clear. I don’t meet the £62,500 threshold but have near £40,000.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 pm

robbo765 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 pm
Sorry. I wasn’t too clear. I don’t meet the £62,500 threshold but have near £40,000.
I believe you will be ok with umbrella employment letter & 6months Payslips. Pay can vary with overt times or many other reasons, Its better to clarify as much as possible.