ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to Remain 3rd Renewal of 10 year Partner Route - Urgent Help Need

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zagoo2000

Leave to Remain 3rd Renewal of 10 year Partner Route - Urgent Help Need

Post by zagoo2000 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi All, I'm trying to understand the requirements for Leave to Remain 3rd Renewal 10 year Partner Route for my friends application.

Leave to Remain: May 2014 to Dec 2016
1st Renewal: Dec 2016 to May 2019
2nd Renewal: is due this month...
Partner: ILR/Settled
Children: British Citizen

The home office decision letter of his 1st renewal states:
"I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the ten year partner route under paragraphs D-LTRP.1.2 of appendix FM to the immigration rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs R-LTRP.1.1 (a), (b) and (d) of these rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route."

I'm in process of completing it but now I'm stuck on the 'Financial Requirement' page as it states:

You must be able to show that the financial requirement for this route is met. Your annual financial requirement is : £ 18,600.00 Yes/No

I don't think he meets this requirements. Is it compulsory for his application to meet requirements???

Please advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Leave to Remain 3rd Renewal of 10 year Partner Route - Urgent Help Need

Post by seagul » Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm

zagoo2000 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm in process of completing it but now I'm stuck on the 'Financial Requirement' page as it states:

You must be able to show that the financial requirement for this route is met. Your annual financial requirement is : £ 18,600.00 Yes/No

I don't think he meets this requirements. Is it compulsory for his application to meet requirements???

Please advise.
Decision seems correct because If he cannot be able to fulfill the financial requirement then HO will transfer him to FLRFP 10 years of route. However, if in future he becomes capable to meet the financial requirement then he can again apply for 5 years route but unfortuantely it will again reset his clock towards achieving ILR after 5 years. But for getting ILR under 10 years long residence all period on any visa will be counted as long as the relevant conditions were kept on fulfilling.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi seagul, thanks for getting back to me. I didn't understand perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my query.

It's the 2nd renewal which is now due and he is on 10 year Partner Route already. His application of extension is FLR(FP).

Can you please clarify whether he has should select yes or no?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun May 05, 2019 10:38 pm

zagoo2000 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:15 pm
Hi seagul, thanks for getting back to me. I didn't understand perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my query.

It's the 2nd renewal which is now due and he is on 10 year Partner Route already. His application of extension is FLR(FP).

Can you please clarify whether he has should select yes or no?
What he should select yes/no? If you mean that he cannot earn sufficient income then simply answer no to that question. And not earning sufficient income is not compulsory requirement for leave under 10 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Thank you seagul. We have selected 'No' and completing his application.

I wanted to ensure whether this £18,600.00 was requirement or not for 10 year Partner Route application FLR(FP).