ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 gap in employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 gap in employment

Post by tripaths » Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 pm

I am on Tier G visa since Dec 2016. I have a potential offer from another employer in UK but due to noncompete reasons I will have to switch to a third employer before joining them. I am evaluating the possibility of joining a 'dummy' employer in India and then make a fresh Tier 2 G application under my new UK employer.
My question is that lets say it takes 3-4 months before I am back in UK on Tier 2, how will this impact my and my dependant's ILR? Will it be reset?

Also on a related topic, I am in UK since 2012. 3 yrs on Tier 2ICT then 1yr on Tier 2 G dep and then 2.5yrs Tier 2 G. Will ICT and dependent period count towards 10yr continuous residency rule and again does this rule allows for 2-4 months break in residency/visa?
Thanks
Regs
Tripats

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 gap in employment

Post by zimba » Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 am

You cannot be away from the UK for more than 180 days in general. As far as I know TIer 2 visa has cooling off period of 12 months.
If you leave with a valid visa and then return within 6 months your long residence period will be intact.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Post by tripaths » Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 am

Thanks. Understood. I thought cooling off applies only for Tier 2 ICT only but def that's not the case.
I am reading that there is a high earner category on which cooling off doesn't applies. Is it true ? Base salary threshold is 159k or 120k?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:07 am

Higher threshold of £159k.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.