ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Curtailment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajjan92
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 2 General Curtailment

Post by sajjan92 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask few queries regarding my visa.

I'm currently on tier 2 general Visa valid till 05.01.2022, left my job on 08.03.19 due to some personal problems. From then I was waiting for curtailment letter from HO am still at same address which I submitted to HO.

My query is as I didn't heard anything yet from HO, I can travel to my home country for a week?? Am planning come back and keep trying for jobs until end date on curtailment letter.

Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Curtailment

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:47 pm

My query is as I didn't heard anything yet from HO,
Curtailment letters can take awhile to be sent out. Check your email too, especially the spam/junk folder.
I can travel to my home country for a week?? Am planning come back and keep trying for jobs until end date on curtailment letter.
Risky as you could be refused re-entry to the UK. You will then be subject to the 12 month cooling off period.

How are you supporting yourself financially if you are no longer working?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rockstar19
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 General Curtailment

Post by rockstar19 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am

sajjan92 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask few queries regarding my visa.

I'm currently on tier 2 general Visa valid till 05.01.2022, left my job on 08.03.19 due to some personal problems. From then I was waiting for curtailment letter from HO am still at same address which I submitted to HO.

My query is as I didn't heard anything yet from HO, I can travel to my home country for a week?? Am planning come back and keep trying for jobs until end date on curtailment letter.

Please help
Hi I am also on the same boat. Yet to receive my curtailment letter. Thinking to contact UKVI on this. Do you have any idea how to contact them..?