ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drdentist29
India

Need advice on my EEA PR application

Post by drdentist29 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Hello i am really stressed and frustrated now as i applied for my PR on 15/03/2019 via post and they took money after a week and i got letter for biomatric on 8th of April and done the Biomatric on 9th and then i requested passport back as my wife's passport is expiring on 27/04/19 but havent got any reply and i requested again last week but havent got any reply yet. Or i havent got COA letter is that normal this much time? Or should i contact them or what can i do?
If you guys can help please would be really great

zusman
Pakistan

Re: Need advice on my EEA PR application

Post by zusman » Mon May 06, 2019 5:22 pm

I applied week after you. I received my COA on 8th april and requested passport but didn't receive them yet. i don't why they taking so long now.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:48 pm

yes true and i applied by solicitor so dont understand what to do it's just frustrating situations. It willbe really helpful if someone can suggest something

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am

i applied for my PR on 15/03/2019
How do you qualify for PR if you have not been in the UK for 5 years??

eea-route-applications/regarding-eea-re ... l#p1750162
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am
i applied for my PR on 15/03/2019
How do you qualify for PR if you have not been in the UK for 5 years??

eea-route-applications/regarding-eea-re ... l#p1750162
Hello sorry i mean 5 year resident card

drdentist29
India

Help regarding EEA family permit

Post by drdentist29 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello Guys i really need your help if someone can guide me i am really stressful.i posted last time but it was bit confusing so i am posting it in details.
I have got 6 month EEa Family visa. i am non eea and my wife is EEA national. i got visa in nov 2018 and i came in uk in Jan 2019. My wife she is working full time. and i also got job after a week as full time.then I applied for EEA family permit ( 5 years ) on 15th March 2019 via post with solicitor and payment taken on 22nd April and received biometric letter on 8th April and biometric done on 9th April. Then we applied for passport return on 11th April as my wife's passport was expiring on 28th April but haven't got any answer yet from them and again i ask solicitor to request them but No answer yet solicitor is just saying wait wait. we cant do anything. So is that normal to take that long or is there any way i can get my wife's passport as it's already expired and my 6 months visa is going to expire next week. will it be any problem if they refuse or anything?
Please guys if you can help me something will be really helpful.

drdentist29
India

Re: Help regarding EEA family permit

Post by drdentist29 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Please can someone help me out

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Help regarding EEA family permit

Post by jmedina » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

You applied for an EEA Residence Card, not a Family Permit, right?
What you have right now is a Family Permit, not a Family Visa, right?

You should not be that worried. It can take up to 6 months. You are not an illegal immigrant even if you get refused. Getting refused would mean that they cannot give you a confirmation document that proves your status, not that you lose rights. You would just need to reapply with better supporting documents. Anyway, your case is not that delayed.

Remember:
"You do not need to apply for a residence card as a family member of an EEA or Swiss national, but it can:

help you re-enter the country more quickly and easily if you travel abroad
show employers you’re allowed to work in the UK
help prove you qualify for certain benefits and services"