ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"HELP HELP HELP URGENT PLS" revoked eea family permit on arrival

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goodpartner
Ukraine

Re: "HELP HELP HELP URGENT PLS" revoked eea family permit on arrival

Post by goodpartner » Sun May 05, 2019 2:35 pm

What’s the difference in such cases between family permit and eeA2 residence card? So, if my spouse is not in the country when I am coming back, I can have problems??

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:35 pm
What’s the difference in such cases between family permit and eeA2 residence card? So, if my spouse is not in the country when I am coming back, I can have problems??
As far as I know that EEA visa is issued to EEA member to give their spouse entry to the UK. Requirement is that spouse has to be in the UK already or be traveling together. Without EEA member, I can tell that it is even not valid... If spouse is only visiting UK(with EEA member), they do not put stamp on the visa. If coming to the UK for immigration purposes, they put stamp on it. Then, you need to apply for recidence permit/card.

with eea residence card, you need to be together with eea member, in case of seperation, you must inform HO and swtich your status. But with this card I heardn that they are more flexible like they can ask you questions, but you can travel alone as well as long as you are still together and your eea member is residing in the uk permanently.

*The other thing is EU settlement status(Pre-settled or settled), I think with one of it, you are not dependent any more and free from immigration controls. When I read my COA and reviewed home office sources, it seems like this. But I asked this to HO, once I got an answer, I will keep it posted ( I also saw thT eea VISA OR eea brc card is due to EU law. But settled/pre-settled status are under UK law-not sure but just my observations)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 05, 2019 2:58 pm

A very similar query posted earlier. Is it the same person?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Sun May 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm
goodpartner wrote:
As far as I know that EEA visa is issued to EEA member to give their spouse entry to the UK. Requirement is that spouse has to be in the UK already or be traveling together. Without EEA member, I can tell that it is even not valid... If spouse is only visiting UK(with EEA member), they do not put stamp on the visa. If coming to the UK for immigration purposes, they put stamp on it. Then, you need to apply for recidence permit/card.

with eea residence card, you need to be together with eea member, in case of seperation, you must inform HO and swtich your status. But with this card I heardn that they are more flexible like they can ask you questions, but you can travel alone as well as long as you are still together and your eea member is residing in the uk permanently.

*The other thing is EU settlement status(Pre-settled or settled), I think with one of it, you are not dependent any more and free from immigration controls. When I read my COA and reviewed home office sources, it seems like this. But I asked this to HO, once I got an answer, I will keep it posted ( I also saw thT eea VISA OR eea brc card is due to EU law. But settled/pre-settled status are under UK law-not sure but just my observations)

I ha pre-settles status already, and I travel a lot because of my job. Sometimes they ask me where my spouse is, but sometimes they don’t care at all. My question is just if we go on holiday together and I need to come back alone earlier ( we live together, we are married) then, is it possible as an outcome that they will tell me sorry no enter? Based on which statute they can say so?

My belief is they can not say such things.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:11 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:03 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:
goodpartner wrote:

I ha pre-settles status already, and I travel a lot because of my job. Sometimes they ask me where my spouse is, but sometimes they don’t care at all. My question is just if we go on holiday together and I need to come back alone earlier ( we live together, we are married) then, is it possible as an outcome that they will tell me sorry no enter? Based on which statute they can say so?

You should continue in your own topic please as your query is not the same as the OP and it is unfair to the user who started this topic for you to tag on and ask your own different questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:03 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:
goodpartner wrote:

With residence card you can travel even though your spouse is out of the UK. They can only reject you if you say them that you are divorced officially or your EEA spouse left the UK permanently etc. (or if they find out somehow that you are divorced your EEA member left the UK permanently).

But if you already have pre-settled status, they should not bother any more with such question. But it is pretty new so I am not sure if they see it in the system or how can you present your status. (I assume that you are holding BRC residence card which mentioned on it that family member of EEA etc.) With new pre-settled/settled bio cards, there is no such, it just says leave to remain-work permitted

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun May 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Be careful, detention solicitor are very unhelpful. They are nominated by the Home Office, even though on book they are said to be objective and acting in the interest of their client, in reality that is not the case. They have to be mindful of their contract, winning many cases of marginalised, vulnerable and helpless migrant is unlikely to help them in their pursuit and aims.

No competent barrister or solicitor can tell you, your case can succeed without your wife's presence, either she comes, or you make your way back. JR may buy you time, but her presence in the UK is urgently warranted.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

joshuan987
Newly Registered
England

Post by joshuan987 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:24 pm

NatCam wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 pm
So she hasn't seen you for a year and instead of going to your home country and travel back together with you she goes on holiday - presumably to her home country? knowing that you had already got your entry clearance and were ready to fly over? Then, you stop her from coming - in case they interview her at the airport and then deport her? Why should they deport her if she hasn't done anything wrong? If she was so desperate to see you why did she go on holiday in the first place? Now she is threatening to kill herself, you say... calling you every half hour?
Some people are so gullible.
What is written on the sticker in your passport may I ask?
Who was going to meet you at the airport? Where were you going to stay? When is your wife coming back?
You know very well your wife should have been in the country. You obviously read on this forum (your words) so should have known.
My apologies to moderators and good people on this forum - for my rant. It is just so obvious: there is more to this story than...%^%$,t.
@natcam... her father coming from her home country to see her after 5 years her mother and father separated long time ago. and I asked her to bring his father reservation with you to show them why you went there and on my sticker they says multiple entry if I am not wrong its mean I can enter and out from the uk multiple times. correct me if I am wrong

joshuan987
Newly Registered
England

Post by joshuan987 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:14 pm
Be careful, detention solicitor are very unhelpful. They are nominated by the Home Office, even though on book they are said to be objective and acting in the interest of their client, in reality that is not the case. They have to be mindful of their contract, winning many cases of marginalised, vulnerable and helpless migrant is unlikely to help them in their pursuit and aims.

No competent barrister or solicitor can tell you, your case can succeed without your wife's presence, either she comes, or you make your way back. JR may buy you time, but her presence in the UK is urgently warranted.
@obie thanks for your advice. I am not able to get any solicitor due to bank holidays you are right searched on internet about it. she is coming anyway and I told her to bring her father reservation with her why she went there coz its been long almost 5 years she didn't see his father after her parents separation...so kind of you really helpful advice you giving me but some people are here not good.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm

joshuan987 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:05 am
she is desperate to come here but I need legal advisor and because off bank holidays I havnt got anyone till Tuesday may I get legal advisor as soobn as they moved me to bigger detention center
Hi Joshua.
I don't get it. Is she coming or not? She didn't find any flights to come back already? Or you told her not to come until you got a solicitor?

Regards,
Joaquín

joshuan987
Newly Registered
England

Post by joshuan987 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm

jmedina wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm
joshuan987 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:05 am
she is desperate to come here but I need legal advisor and because off bank holidays I havnt got anyone till Tuesday may I get legal advisor as soobn as they moved me to bigger detention center
Hi Joshua.
I don't get it. Is she coming or not? She didn't find any flights to come back already? Or you told her not to come until you got a solicitor?

Regards,
Joaquín
hi joaquin
I told her not to come until I get legal advice but now she is coming... guys like @obie and others( sorry if I not mention any others name) give me good advice coz i am new on this forum other detainee using that forum yesterday and he suggest me to go this forum lots of experirnced people here you might get help from this forum.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 pm

In life we will have people expressing a variety of views or showing scepticism to your case. That may not necessarily make them bad people. They may hold a conservative or liberal views to immigrant and immigration.

Threads are constantly monitored to ensure that no one acts in an offensive manner to fellow members.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

joshuan987
Newly Registered
England

Post by joshuan987 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 pm

@obie you are right mate... tell me one thing do I need a solicitor for all this process or I can do that by myself I am getting a lot from here and home office website how to fill( IAFT-1 form) coz I rung 2 3 solicitor they asking a lot. yesterday volunteer local lady came to meet us she gave me a leaflet regarding BID and OISC I am collecting a lot information from them and she advise me Don't pay first until you meet them.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue May 07, 2019 12:18 pm

joshuan987 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:24 pm
NatCam wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 pm
So she hasn't seen you for a year and instead of going to your home country and travel back together with you she goes on holiday - presumably to her home country? knowing that you had already got your entry clearance and were ready to fly over? Then, you stop her from coming - in case they interview her at the airport and then deport her? Why should they deport her if she hasn't done anything wrong? If she was so desperate to see you why did she go on holiday in the first place? Now she is threatening to kill herself, you say... calling you every half hour?
Some people are so gullible.
What is written on the sticker in your passport may I ask?
Who was going to meet you at the airport? Where were you going to stay? When is your wife coming back?
You know very well your wife should have been in the country. You obviously read on this forum (your words) so should have known.
My apologies to moderators and good people on this forum - for my rant. It is just so obvious: there is more to this story than...%^%$,t.
@natcam... her father coming from her home country to see her after 5 years her mother and father separated long time ago. and I asked her to bring his father reservation with you to show them why you went there and on my sticker they says multiple entry if I am not wrong its mean I can enter and out from the uk multiple times. correct me if I am wrong
Your multiple entry sticker is not citizenship sticker and not valid if your EU National family member has left the country or not exercising treaty rights in UK.

To be honest I have read your post before where you may have used different name on this forum when you mentioned about wanted to surprise your partner and people did advise not to or be ready as chances are you will be detained.

I don’t know if it was worth taking this risk and going through all this for what god knows !!

Good luck anyway!!

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 pm

They do ask those questions am afraid if travelling alone, even if you go settled status(Non EU) -where is your wife. ?? those questions got asked recently(3 weeks ago) at Manchester Airport. We cant win I guess, I have PR(NON EU) plus settled status and still got asked those intimidating questions in font of big queue behind me. However though mentioned that me and wife went separate ways but got settled status what was he on about ? and got told yeah yeah I know you can pass. They know they shouldn't be asking those with PR/settled status but keep intimidating us at the borders. Just thought should share this. Only said went separate ways to see their reactions as got settled status but still together with Mrs 9 years. I was so angry .

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 pm

I think thing should be raised in media. This govt is famous for this attitude, during previous govt i never had that experience even i had been student for 8 years not once i was stopped.

But now we should raise our voice.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue May 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Punguru82 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 pm
They do ask those questions am afraid if travelling alone, even if you go settled status(Non EU) -where is your wife. ?? those questions got asked recently(3 weeks ago) at Manchester Airport. We cant win I guess, I have PR(NON EU) plus settled status and still got asked those intimidating questions in font of big queue behind me. However though mentioned that me and wife went separate ways but got settled status what was he on about ? and got told yeah yeah I know you can pass. They know they shouldn't be asking those with PR/settled status but keep intimidating us at the borders. Just thought should share this. Only said went separate ways to see their reactions as got settled status but still together with Mrs 9 years. I was so angry .
This is absolutely disgusting if UKBA still asking these questions even if you got PR and settled status. What else to prove UKBA that now you are staying in UK legally. I wish we can actually make a complain about it.
I really don’t understand why they are so ignorant just to hit their daily target and prove how pathetic they could be when it comes to insulting people, who is entering legally and not coming into lorries.

Most of them are inexperienced and got told by their supervisors to behave in a way so they look tough.

I wonder the only day you won’t have to deal with them is when you get the passport or hold on may be after getting passport they will still ask those pathetic questions.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Tue May 07, 2019 8:06 pm

joshuan987 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 pm
@obie you are right mate... tell me one thing do I need a solicitor for all this process or I can do that by myself I am getting a lot from here and home office website how to fill( IAFT-1 form) coz I rung 2 3 solicitor they asking a lot. yesterday volunteer local lady came to meet us she gave me a leaflet regarding BID and OISC I am collecting a lot information from them and she advise me Don't pay first until you meet them.
Hi Joshua.
Any news on your case?

Regards,
Joaquin