ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General ILR Doubts

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ms28
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General ILR Doubts

Post by ms28 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:54 pm

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and applying for ILR. I have below questions.

1. My first visa was stamped on the passport and no BRP was issued at that time. Later I switched my sponsor and got my BRP which is my current valid visa.

On my passport first stamped visa, 'Valid From' date is 5th June 2014 but on the current BRP 'Valid From' date is 17th Feb 2015

In the guidance document it is mentioned as below:
"You can include the time between your entry clearance being granted and you entering the
United Kingdom as part of your continuous period. Absences between the date entry
clearance is granted and the date you enter the United Kingdom are treated as an
absence from the United Kingdom and will form part of the 180 days allowed within a
continuous 12-month period"

It is clearly mentioned that my absences between the date entry clearance is granted and my first entry to the UK are treated as an absence from the United Kingdom. So I have mentioned the first absence on the set O form as below

Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
India

When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?
5th June 2014

When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies?
28th June 2014

What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?
This is my absence between my first entry clearance and the date I entered the UK.
My first visa entry clearance date was 5th June 2014.
I had entered the UK first time on 28th June 2014.

Is the above absence as mentioned on the form is correct? or it shouldn't be mentioned as absence?

if I shouldn't mention this absence, where can I mention my first entry clearance date 5th June 2014 on the form? In my current BRP the visa start date is different.

Can I apply on 8th May 2019 (or later) which is 28 days before 5th June 2019 ?
or I need wait until 28 days before 28th June 2019 (5 years after my first entry date 28th June 2014)? I don't have any other absences so it is way lesser than 180 days.

Do case worker have the details or I need to mention my first entry clearance date on the cover letter?

2. My bank is refusing to stamp the statement as they don't do stamps.
They told me that they just provide a cover letter mentioning my details & bank account details and the print out of the online statement without stamp (which I can do it myself).
Is this cover letter fine?

Can I download the online statement and upload the same pdf file (digital format) as a proof?
or I need to take a color print of the online statement and scan it and upload the scanned copy (image version) of the statement?
I think digital format is more authentic. Which is correct one?

3. Evidence of immigration status in the UK
I can provide my previous visa stamp and current BRP as evidence. Are they enough?

4. I lived in India until June 2014 but I went to Mauritius on official trip for one month in 2012.

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
Yes

Which one of the below is correct?

In the chronological order of my stay as below

India (since Birth date)
Mauritius (trip dates)
India (return date from Mauritius to last stayed date just before my first entry to UK)

or mention the total duration for each country

India (Birth date to the last stayed date just before first entry to UK)
Mauritius (trip dates)

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General ILR Doubts

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
India

When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?
5th June 2014

When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies?
28th June 2014
This is asking about your all your absences from the UK AFTER you have come to the UK in 2014, not when you left India to travel to the UK. 5th June is the date your visa was issued, not the date you left or departed from the UK!!
What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?
This is my absence between my first entry clearance and the date I entered the UK.
My first visa entry clearance date was 5th June 2014.
I had entered the UK first time on 28th June 2014.

Is the above absence as mentioned on the form is correct? or it shouldn't be mentioned as absence?
You are misunderstanding the question. It is asking about all your absences. You do not have to state the period between visa issue and date of entry as an absence. HO knows what the rules are.
if I shouldn't mention this absence, where can I mention my first entry clearance date 5th June 2014 on the form? In my current BRP the visa start date is different.
You don't need to mention it. Simply answer the date of entry where it asks the date of first entry to the UK.
Can I apply on 8th May 2019 (or later) which is 28 days before 5th June 2019 ?
Yes, no sooner than within 28 days before 5th anniversary of the visa date of issue.
or I need wait until 28 days before 28th June 2019 (5 years after my first entry date 28th June 2014)? .
No.
Do case worker have the details or I need to mention my first entry clearance date on the cover letter?
There is a specific question that asks about the date of entry to the UK, you simply need to answer the question.
3. Evidence of immigration status in the UK
I can provide my previous visa stamp and current BRP as evidence. Are they enough?
Current BRP is sufficient and obviously your passports.
4. I lived in India until June 2014 but I went to Mauritius on official trip for one month in 2012.

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
Yes

Which one of the below is correct?

In the chronological order of my stay as below

India (since Birth date)
Mauritius (trip dates)
India (return date from Mauritius to last stayed date just before my first entry to UK)

or mention the total duration for each country

India (Birth date to the last stayed date just before first entry to UK)
Mauritius (trip dates)
It is asking about LIVED in not visited.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms28
Newly Registered
India

Post by ms28 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks CR001 for clearing my doubts.

Please answer my second question.

2. My bank is refusing to stamp the statement as they don't do stamps.
They told me that they just provide a cover letter mentioning my details & bank account details and the print out of the online statement without stamp (which I can do it myself).
Is this cover letter fine?

Can I download the online statement and upload the same pdf file (digital format) as a proof?
or I need to take a color print of the online statement and scan it and upload the scanned copy (image version) of the statement?
I think digital format is more authentic. Which is correct one?

san668
Newly Registered
India

Post by san668 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 am

I am planning to apply for my ILR in this week. Please can someone reply to my above queries.
Appreciate your help. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:22 am

san668 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 am
I am planning to apply for my ILR in this week. Please can someone reply to my above queries.
CR001 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 pm
ms28 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:12 pm
This isn't your topic so not sure what queries 'above' you are referring to. Please post in your own topic you already have.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-gener ... l#p1776916
Are you posting under two different usernames??? This is not permitted on the forum.

Multiple Usernames (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.