ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Hey Hum786,

I don’t know why you can't get through; I never had a problem. The only thing I can suggest is to try ringing earlier, say around 8am. I used to ring at 8am UK time and I got through straight away.

If you can't get through, then I'm sorry, (I know this isn't what you want to hear) but there's not much you can do except sit back and wait until your Husband can get into the VAC.

Please, please try and exercise sabr (patience); it has its rewards and inshAllah, you will receive good news whether it's sooner or later!

Patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who wait, inshAllah.
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok Sammie, I'm gonna be patient once more and wait and see until my hubby visits the VAC Lahore next week.

Thanks mate you make me feel better.

xxxxx

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi KHAN SAAB,

Hope your fine haven't heard from you lately. Is your wife gonna go to the Lahore vac to check progress plz advise i beleive me and you should get a response about the same time.

Anyway, if she does get a reply form lahore vac plz let me know.

thanks,

sajdab
Newly Registered

Im in the same boat too....

Post by sajdab » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 am

Hi,

New poster but not new to the forums - have been reading the stories of Sammie, tabby and co for a while now ....

My story is similar -I keep checking the website but am concerned that I should be doing more? Any advise and all duas welcomed ....
Last edited by sajdab on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:04 am

Hello everyone. I've been reading the post in this topic for a while now, and have to say i've found what everyone has been saying very helpful,so thank you.

One thing that is still bothering me is what "Islamabad OC" is.Anyone have a clue?

Hi Sajda, I submitted my wife's application on 7th May and we still haven't heard anything.From what everyone else has been saying I don't think the website gets updated very often,so it's not really any help.Looks like we may have to wait the full 60 days... :?

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:54 am

Hiya gapstick,

Good luck with your application - no idea what islamabad oc means - i googled it a while back but came up with nothing so came up with my own interpretation " islamabad overseas commission??" Whatever it is, they sure are slow!!

I know sabar is a good thing but I'm no good with waiting........... :shock:

t44bby

Post by t44bby » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:39 am

inshallah you guys shud hear soon..all i advise is to go down coz thats wat my hubi did...and his passport was ere...HUM HUN HOW RU..I KNW ITS FAR BUT ADVISE YOUR HUBI TO GO DWN BABE...COZ LOOK AT WAT HAPPEND WITH US AND YOU WATCH YOUR PASSPORT WIL B THERE WITH THE VISA TO GO..AND HUN YOU WNT HAVE TO STRESS ANYMRE AND HOPE YOUR OK..MY HUBI CUMIN TOMORO...SOO BUSI...B POSITIVE,,TRUST ME ISENT EMAILS TO BHC DID EVERYTING,,BUT THY DNT DO NOWT ALL DY DO IS CALL IF THY FEEL LIKE IT..SO HUNI PAITENT,,BUT ADVISED YOUR HUBI O GO..AND OC BASICALLY MEANS ITS BEEN PASSED ON TO THE BHC..COZ MINE SAID THE SAME...

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 pm

oh ok, thanks t44bby.

Thank you Sajda, good luck with yours too.I know how you feel,i'm really starting to get annoyed with how long it's taking, but oh well...

ashiqka
Newly Registered

Finally..........

Post by ashiqka » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Salam To every1

I checked the website today and its told me that my wife s passport is ready for collection. I am going to tell my wife to pick it up 2moz. I really wish she has got her visa, Inshallah

Regards

Ashiqka

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 am

Congrats Aashika , How long did it take?

Anyone else got any good new to report? My status is pretty much the same, and I resort to thinking ..............."Why are we waiting......Anticipating .........................." :?

hum786

Post by hum786 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:35 am

Hi All,

I thought i'll let u know that my hubby's got the visa. He made a visit to the VAC yesterday and found out that he's passport had arrived.

We were stressing for that long but weren't notified of the passport. It's been sitting there since last week and the Gerrys idiots didn't tell us despite the fact that we rang on a daily basis.

Anyway, i hope evrybody hears good news. I understand your feelings and know its a nightmare waiting for that long.

Best wishes to all who supported me on this forum it was great posting replies and updating everyone. I'll make dua for all ppl waiting.
:D :D :D

KHAN-SAAB
Newly Registered

Post by KHAN-SAAB » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

hum786 wrote:Hi All,

I thought i'll let u know that my hubby's got the visa. He made a visit to the VAC yesterday and found out that he's passport had arrived.

We were stressing for that long but weren't notified of the passport. It's been sitting there since last week and the Gerrys idiots didn't tell us despite the fact that we rang on a daily basis.

Anyway, i hope evrybody hears good news. I understand your feelings and know its a nightmare waiting for that long.

Best wishes to all who supported me on this forum it was great posting replies and updating everyone. I'll make dua for all ppl waiting.
Hi hum786
let me be the first one to say mubarak to you well done i hope you can rest in peace and look forward to a happy life with your husband, i rang them up on monday and tuesday but they say it can take 12 weeks and the status on the web site is the same, going to give it till next week may be tell her to go next friday. k.s :D

KHAN-SAAB
Newly Registered

Post by KHAN-SAAB » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 am

KHAN-SAAB wrote:
hum786 wrote:Hi All,

Hi hum786
let me be the first one to say mubarak to you well done i hope you can rest in peace and look forward to a happy life with your husband, i rang them up on monday and tuesday but they say it can take 12 weeks and the status on the web site is the same, going to give it till next week may be tell her to go next friday. k.s :D
by the way when was the date stamped on the passport if you dont mind me asking.

hum786

Post by hum786 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks Khan Saab,

The passport was stamped 6th june. My mum was planning to go so she can come back with my hubby but it's pointless now cuz my hubby has to travel by next week and there's no tickets left we have to wait now!!!!

Isn't this another stress. Who's responsible for this now us or BHC. I hope we can get 1 ticket.

Good luck with you dnt worry you should hear soon :D . Inshallah she will get the visa. Guess what my hubby told me that there was a que of 250 ppl waiting and only 4 ppl were granted with a visa the rest came out yelling. This includes the visitors too. Dont know why this happened.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:18 pm

CONGRATSSSSSSSS TO EVRYONE!! who got the viza for their spouse..

hope you guys have a nice happy life together AMEEEEEEEEEN.

KHAN-SAAB
Newly Registered

Post by KHAN-SAAB » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:18 pm

hum786 wrote:Thanks Khan Saab,

The passport was stamped 6th june. My mum was planning to go so she can come back with my hubby but it's pointless now cuz my hubby has to travel by next week and there's no tickets left we have to wait now!!!!

Isn't this another stress. Who's responsible for this now us or BHC. I hope we can get 1 ticket.

Good luck with you dnt worry you should hear soon :D . Inshallah she will get the visa. Guess what my hubby told me that there was a que of 250 ppl waiting and only 4 ppl were granted with a visa the rest came out yelling. This includes the visitors too. Dont know why this happened.
there is a way he can come back use another airline plenty of tickets from islamabad. i have p.m you.

ms_akhtar

Post by ms_akhtar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 pm

SALAAM>>>>

Hey Congratulations Hum...!!!!! :D :D :D

I knew u wud get it.....

This means ur hubby's passport was stamped the same day as my hubby's 6th June and they only told us on the 18th June which doesn't giv them much time at all...!!!!!
my hubby's cumming nxt weds inshallah...!!

May this be the beginning of a beautiful life for you and your husband filled with all the happiness you deserve, AMEEN

Im still remembering u alll in my dua's who are still waiting for response.....
inshallah u will hear soon too...!!

hum786

Post by hum786 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi ms akhtar,

Thanks, mate I feel much better now thanks to allah he is so great he listens to all our prayers although we ppl still commit sins on earth.

May allah help all others who are waiting and listen to there prayers quick.

take care mate i hope you and your hubby stay happy forever and allah show you happiness in life.

Keep in touch. :D :D

t44bby

Post by t44bby » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 pm

CONGRATS HUM...MUBARKAO

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Well I finally put in my settlement visa application. Its been about 13 days and the wait is horrible!! :cry:

I hope I get some good news soon.

Congrats to everyone who succeeded!!

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 pm

By the way, the 60 day response period - I assume its the working week (Mon-Friday) OR ....can I get excited and start believing that pakistanis work 7 days a week therefore my calculated response time should be shorter???

Any clarification welcomed
x

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:25 pm

sajdab: i think it's 60 working days i.e mon to fri. if that's the case then my wife won't hear anything until around 30th july! that's if they bother calling here... :?

gapsick
Newly Registered

Post by gapsick » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 pm

i forgot to ask something.DulheRaja, you said that your wife was called for an interview the last time you applied, could you tell us what kind of questions were asked? I hope everythign goes well for you this time round :D

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks gapsick - thats what I thought originally too - it was wishful thinking on my part to think they'd work weekends!! Should hav known better...

Gapsick lucky that you submitted yr application a little before us.
Last edited by sajdab on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KHAN-SAAB
Newly Registered

Post by KHAN-SAAB » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 am

hi everyone just to let you know my wife has picked her passport from lahore vac with a big fat visa stamped today..... oh no here comes trouble. :D :D applied back in 22nd april 08 picked up 30th june. cant tell you the stamp date as at the mo i dont know myself as everyone is ring around and trying to book flights and giving mubarak to any and everybody.

By the way i know a few people are talking about attesting passport, guess wot i didnt sent one attested just copy of back page and the stamp in and out of pak. also no letters or phone cards/bills sent if you look at the guide to the form it dosent state you need proof of leters or cards so i didnt send any. i only sent what was required in the notes and the rest, leave it up to allah he knows best.

one also advise i like to give people is not to rely on the web site mine still says its at bhc in islamabad, wot a joke. errrr no its not its in the wifes hands and also the 0092512098999 call center is a joke too they said its still bring processed they only go on wot the internet says which you people can do yourself your best bet is to go down to the vac centre and dont beleive if they say they are going to phone you, thats load of bull as we found out the hard way. anyway good luck to everyone this is KHAN-SAAB sigining out. FOR GOOD.