ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made redundant on a date after qualifying for ILR + reporting employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kontakenty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Meeting minimum salary requirement via two employers

Post by kontakenty » Wed May 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi there,
I am here on a Tier 2 visa, and I know I can work a part time job, not more than 20 hours per week, next to the job sponsored by my employer, so long as it is the same level and hourly rate.
My question is do I provide 2 letters from both employers (+salary slips), and the sum of the two salaries can count to meet the minimum salary requirement for ILR? Or does the minimum salary need to be met only through the main employer? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Meeting minimum salary requirement via two employers

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Only your main tier 2 job and salary counts for ILR. Your main salary must meet the ILR requirement or SOC salary, whichever is higher.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kontakenty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Made redundant on a date after qualifying for ILR + reporting employer

Post by kontakenty » Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi all,
My employer made me redundant effective a date after I qualify to apply for ILR. He said if he gives me an employer letter it will state that I was made redundant.
The way this was done is very vindictive, and the guy seems to be enjoying this very much and has been bullying me for a month now. In fact the whole experience of having been employed by this guy was nothing short of a nightmare, where I had to undergo therapy for over a year to deal with severe anxiety and depression.
Now I don't know what to do as I will have all the necessary paperwork, which will include proof of getting a salary and paying taxes until the day I apply for ILR. But what should I do regarding the employer letter?
Would it be ok if I get another offer letter with a higher salary from the new employer whom I should start working for as of mid-next month?
My second question is regarding the current employer and how to report him. I have learnt from searching online that if my job changes the employer should inform the home office, and if the tasks are different from what the SOC code states, then a new certificate of sponsorship should have been issued. Now 4 months ago My employer had decided that I would be doing completely different tasks, and never informed the home office. He is also now saying I did not deliver all the the requirements of the job I was hired for, even though it was him who decided I should be doing something completely different and dropping the work I was assigned to do. Is there a way to report this employer?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Made redundant on a date after qualifying for ILR + reporting employer

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

You cannot work for another employer or use a new employer offer letter for ILR. You will need a new tier 2 change of employment visa and then apply for ILR once you have a payslip and bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.