ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure what to do

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koolkate
Pakistan

Not sure what to do

Post by koolkate » Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 pm

We are a family of 4. Me, my parents and brother came to Uk in 2008 on a visitor visa. We applied for asylum but got refused. Moved to Scotland and applied on the basis of 7 year child rule. At that time I was 16 and my brother was 19. However homeoffice took 2 and half years to reply and by the time we got a refusal I turned 18. Now we got refused by both courts mainly on the fact that I'm over 18, which is unfair. However, I've spent over half my life here and come under half life under 25 rule. But I am worried about my family, how can they legalise their status and does anyone know anything about half life case and how long it takes? Any help will be much appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Not sure what to do

Post by seagul » Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 pm

I am afraid but you all have to return back home.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 am

seagul wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 pm
All? I come under half life rule as I'm between the age of 18 and 25, so why do I have to leave? Please clarify yourself.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 am

koolkate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 am
seagul wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 pm
All? I come under half life rule as I'm between the age of 18 and 25, so why do I have to leave? Please clarify yourself.
Because you all are already overstayers who tried all courts. The more you will overstay in UK the more complication will increase for all of your future applications even can be deported with ban to return.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 am

How old were you when you came to the UK in 2008?

You might be able to get leave to remain due to the half your life rule but it won't be ILR. It will be a 10 year route to ILR, 4 x 2.5 year visas. There is no guarantee though that you will succeed and these applications can take very long to be decided.

It is unlikely your family will benefit from your legal status as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 09, 2019 8:08 am

Doing the math she was 9 when she came?

The fact that they came as visitors the next question was when did they claim asylum? On entry or after a period of overstaying.

The fact that the courts have refused to uphold their case suggests the asylum case was probably beyond weak to non-existent.

As for staying under half life rule after 7 year rule refusal. More than likely another refusal.

The entire family is now able to be removed and it would be a greater justification as a group than as they are able to support each other on return. Everyone is an adult now and they could remove them individually if they so wished.