ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card for travelling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Biometric card for travelling

Post by zoeleong » Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 am

Hi,

I have a valid Permanent Residence card.
I have applied the EU Settlement Scheme. I have done my Biometric appointment. I have received the CoA.

Am waiting for the EU settle status decision and Biometric card.

Do I need to prove the Biometric card when coming back from outside UK? Or the proof of valid Permanent Residence card is sufficient?

Thank you.

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric card for travelling

Post by zoeleong » Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am

I have called the Home Office to confirm that, the Permanent Residence Card on passport is valid to enter UK till Brexit date / the Card's Renewal date.
Do not need to show Biometric card to enter UK even though I receive the Biometric card by now, I can just leave Card at home.

asadiqbal4393
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by asadiqbal4393 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi Dear,
I have applied for my replacement bio-metric residence card and i have done my UKVI finger print appointment. I have a valid 6 month entry stamp as well. can i travel with my EU wife and re enter with her again ?

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

When I applied my PR, there was not rule to apply Biometric card. I am always travel without the Biometric card.

It may be better for you to call HO to confirm .