ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship through Naturalisation based on marriage to Irish citizen or through associations

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manofeire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship through Naturalisation based on marriage to Irish citizen or through associations

Post by Manofeire » Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi
My wife is currently here on stamp 4 visa based on marriage to Irish citizen, she is eligible to apply for naturalization by means of being married to an Irish citizen being here 3years and 9 months on stamp 4.
we have most of the paperwork ready to be witnessed and sent however she is missing some information I'm not sure if it will hinder the application.
She never had a job in ireland, an Irish bank acc, bills or other forms to prove address or residence. All bills and bank accounts we have we're just left in my name.
We have a 3 y 6month old boy born as an Irish citizen.
Should we go ahead with her application based on marriage with a cover note explaining why we are short of these documents or should she apply for citizenship based on Irish associations through her Irish citizen son.

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship through Naturalisation based on marriage to Irish citizen or through associations

Post by littlerr » Wed May 08, 2019 10:58 pm

It is my understanding that she needs proof of address. The standard requirement is 3 proofs per year, but with some explanations she may get away with only 2 per year. It would be hard to persuade the Minister if she has none. It doesn’t matter if she applies for naturalisation based on an Irish spouse or having Irish associations.

As a matter of fact, it is a mandatory requirement to have proof of address to get a stamp 4 based on being the spouse of an Irish National. The immigration officer may not request to see it in the registration process but it is mandatory to have one.

Has she not got any alternative proof of address at all? She never went to a GP? Never got any insurance in her name? Never got a PPS number or applied for driving licence?

Imagine you are an officer examining this applicant - how can you be satisfied that this applicant has lived with her Irish spouse at the same address for the last 3 years if there’s no verifiable paper trace of her at all?

Manofeire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship through Naturalisation based on marriage to Irish citizen or through associations

Post by Manofeire » Thu May 09, 2019 7:13 am

Hi little
Yes she has some proofs of address mostly medical appointments, we have a letter from her go stating all her visits in the years she was in the country, I think it might suffice.
On the route taken is there any advantage of going through associations over marriage to Irish citizen.
Also I read on another topic she will need plooce clearance from the countries she last resided in, is this true as I've read nothing about this in the application.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 09, 2019 11:11 am

Police clearance report - I think it depends on a number of things (nationality, length of residence, existence of biometric data, access to foreign police department etc).
For me, as a Chinese national living in Ireland for 10 years and had always been living in China before that, I was not asked for this report, but I have also heard of stories where people have been living here for more than 20 years and were still asked for a report before this period.

There is no advantage whatsoever applying via Irish associations. Irish associations are not properly defined in the legal term, so it's up to the officer to determine whether she is eligible. Marriage to an Irish citizen is by far the most reliable and (I heard) the quickest way.

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Thu May 09, 2019 11:24 am

Manofeire wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 pm
Hi
My wife is currently here on stamp 4 visa based on marriage to Irish citizen, she is eligible to apply for naturalization by means of being married to an Irish citizen being here 3years and 9 months on stamp 4.
we have most of the paperwork ready to be witnessed and sent however she is missing some information I'm not sure if it will hinder the application.
She never had a job in ireland, an Irish bank acc, bills or other forms to prove address or residence. All bills and bank accounts we have we're just left in my name.
We have a 3 y 6month old boy born as an Irish citizen.
Should we go ahead with her application based on marriage with a cover note explaining why we are short of these documents or should she apply for citizenship based on Irish associations through her Irish citizen son.

Thanks in advance
I have also applied for naturalisation through marriage to an irish citizen.you will find It hard to get around your difficulties your best bet would be to get a letter from her gp stating when she had appointments and her address on a dated letter also any correspondence u may have regarding your tax credits which may include your spouse as a dependant and a letter from your mortgage giver or the council if you have a tenancy agreement!I have sent off everything for the last 3 years and I got a letter the other day stating they still needed more proofs also apply to the gnib in wiring of a list of stamps your wife has been getting even though they will be on her passport I have seen on threads here that they can ask for that which I should say will come with her address and name on it!I hope this helps

Manofeire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Manofeire » Thu May 09, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks littlerr and South African spouse your advice is very much appreciated and I will be getting onto gnib for history report.