ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Hello Bhati_pk

Wishing you best of luck.

aprilhsmpEC
Newly Registered

Post by aprilhsmpEC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am

HI

I got visa with husband and two kids. My first application was refused on lame grounds. I sent an appeal but could not wait for so long and re applied on 26th May. Received verification on 16th June and visa stamping on the same day. Recived passports on 20th.

They called my employer and talked about the comapny, my salary, designation then they talked to me asked me my dob, mother name, father name.

This forum has been most helpful. If nothing else it gives u hope and reason to believe in onself.

Thanks to all and my prayers are with you.

khuram_noman

hi

Post by khuram_noman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:30 am

@aprilhsmpEC

congratulations...can you please share ur refusal reasons and how you can proof those reasons as a lame ....that would be great help for others

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:53 am

Thanks for wishing Alishah.

Today I have checked my application status on the link https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx it shows “Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 19 Jun 2008â€

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

status

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:58 am

@Alishah
@bhatti_pk

Is there progress on ur case Alishah. The status remain same.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:04 am

@hopeforthebest

yar no process on my application. when you submit your appliation?

Regards

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

status

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:30 am

i submitted my application on 16-June-08. What i know they called in ur company after 2 weeks around 10-14 working days

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 am

you are right.

I have also observed some previous application and i think now days the expected call for verification after 8-10 days.

whats the status of your application in the link "https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx"

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

status

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:29 am

its same as ur one.."Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 17 Jun 2008"

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Hello Dear.

There is same status at web site " Your visa application forwarded to BHC dated so and so" nothing more. This web site dosnt show any update or procession etc.

I applied on 22nd May 2008, I wrote to BHC asking update on 16th June, my employer recieved call on 17th June, asking, my designation, duration of service, salary, core job responsibilities etc. On 18th June I recieved e-mail reply from BHC, giving me the update that my application isnt yet assessed? more what they wrote you can read on my previous post.

Still waiting, and there same status at web site, I dought they update timely or not?

Please pray for me and all the others waiting.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi All.
Since few members asked the question, I am sharing my experience;

1. It is unlikely, that the web site would have any update?
2. Your employer will receive verification call in 15 to 20 days from the date of application. There are few exceptions in which they even didn’t verify.

Usually; in 20 to 30 days you receive your visa or any decision.

My experience is different; coz, I applied on Work Permit basis; where as most of the people at this thread were on HSMP basis.

I will indeed share my experience, one of the forum person asked me to visit Gerry’s to see if my passport returned, I though to wait for one more week and see if there is any reply, if not then I will visit the Gerry’s.

Will post the update.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

@AliShah

If they verified all the things then try to visit Gerry's office. your passport should be in gerrys.

Regards

majic

Post by majic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 am

Friends,

In my case Gerrys website was very accurate. I used to check status several times each day and the frequency increased after my employer recieved the verification call.

On the 2nd June I again checked the status and it changed. It asked me to go to UK VAC and Collect my application on 2nd June.

I really think that the delays you people are facing is more so due to summer holidays when alot of people wanna visit UK. There is absolutely no harm in visiting the VAC though.

Regards

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 am

@majic

please guide us when they start processing on our application then they change the status in gerry website or not? currently our status is "your application forwarded to BHC islamad on date.... "

regards

majic

Post by majic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 am

This is the status you will see for most part. This status will change once the UK VAC of your city gets the Application back from BHC.

Regards
Last edited by majic on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 am

Well.
I thought to visit Gerrys, and had yesterday. But unfortunatly, my passport didnt came. I asked Gerry`s collection officer as per him now days it is slight delay in processing, might be due to summer holidays.

I think, and am sure, Majic is right. We need to keep checking their web site, and once status change visit Gerry.

Lets see how long we have to wait.

Is there any one who has recieved Passport, please do post here;

When you applied, when they varify and finally when you got your passport back.

Alishah

Waiting s Pianful

Post by Alishah » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 am

Waiting s Pianfull.

I wonder? why it is taking to long to stemp visa on following ground:

1. Work permit 5 year.
2. Several visit to UK and has valid visa.
3. Visit to USA and has valid visa.
4. Work Permit with job ffer from world known company.
5. Previously worked with same compan for 8 years at their over seas location.
6. Currantly working in Pak with world known blue chip company. Listed in stock exchange.
7. Has got good salary, even can quaify on HSMP.

BHC varified my company (HR) and my bank, still not any decisicion?

I wonder why it is taking too long.

Please pray for my case

muzzi17

Track your application

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to track my Application from Jerry's website,
can anyone help me if i got the correct reference number
JRY-PK-XX-XXXXXX-X (is this the correct ref#??)

it says "Please enter valid Application reference number"

Any help would be much appriciated

Thnkx

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 pm

@hopeforthebest

any verification call from BHC?

@muzzi17

i'm from islambad pakistan and my reference number is ISL/200608/XXXXXX/X. hope this will help for you. In receiving token you can also check your correct reference number.

@alishah

you are very right. some times different to wait .... i would request to all members that this is very helpful thread for paki applicants. please let us know when you receive verification and collection of passport.

regards

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Bhati_pak. Very right

muzzi17.
The recipt Gerry gave you has another number just bellow your name, suh as: KHI/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/X sam as mentioned by Bhati-Pak. Since I am from Khi, where as he from Islbd.

By they way, whe you apply and from where? Do post any update on this forum, this is very useful and informative for many who are connected.

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks guys,
my Mrs. applied from Lahore for a spouse visa and she gave me this ref# which obviously either not correct or Jerry's havent yet updated their site.

any information as to how long its taking to get a spouse visa will be great!!

thanks again all

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Salaam Guys,

First of all, best of luck to all those who have applied for EC.
Secondly, sorry for the interruption my question will cause, but I would appreciate if any could answer.

I sent my HSMP application on 17/03/08 from Pakistan. I called HO on 23/06/08(after 14 weeks) and I was told that my case is yet to be assigned to a case worker. HO is to-date processing applications received by 11/03/08(trackitt). As it is clear that Tier-1 will be enforced from 30th Jun, 08, I wanted to ask is that ,
- I have arranged Gift money from someone to fulfill maintenance requirement. As per Tier-1 rules do I have to maintain funds for min. 3 months in my account OR is their any transitional arrangements for those who have HSMP approval letters under previous scheme?

Any suggestions advice regarding this query will highly appreciated as I am a bit perplexed due to the situation. Thanks

regards,
- Nabsha

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hopeforthebest » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 am

@bhatti_pk

Still no updates...take it easy man i do understand that wait is painfull infact iam in the same boat but we can't do anything...what i think they called to my employer in next week might be the end of next week...same is the case with u .....

@nabsha

tier1 rules are for those who applied after 30-june so there is no need to worry about that

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 am

@hopeforthebest

Sorry for the confusion. I have applied for initial HSMP application and have not yet received the HSMP approval letter.

@all
I will apply for EC after 30th jun 08. So should I wait for three months and make a healthy bank statement since I will be applying under Tier-1 for EC OR can I go ahead and send my EC application without maintaining my funds for 3 months?

I know I am asking this question even before I dont know the status of my initial HSMP app, but I urgently need to confirm this info to decide some other factors.

Thanks a tons,
-Nabsha

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hopeforthebest » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 am

@nabsha

i recommend read the forum "Urgent: EC Rejected" alot of indain face the same problem that might helps u...