ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to show BRP while LEAVING the UK?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh gopal
Newly Registered

What is the exit procedure after resigning, like returning BRP (Tier 2 employer) - Leaving the UK to return to India?

Post by yogesh gopal » Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm resigning from my UK employer that sponsored for my Tier 2 visa, before the visa expires. I want to leave the UK, to go back to my country, and I want to do it properly. Reading online, someone says that I need to return my BRP card to UK home office - but never mentioned any details to whom, where, etc. Also, I'm aware that my employer has informed the Home Office about my resignation, as per my request. I'm planning to fly to return to my country the next day of my resignation - having said that I cannot wait for UKBA's Curtailment Letter, etc to be posted to my current address in the UK (as I will not be there). I want to know what is the exit procedure before I leave the UK properly, so I do not get any issues if I want to visit UK in future?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is the exit procedure after resigning, like returning BRP (Tier 2 employer) - Leaving the UK to return to India

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:06 pm

You can simply leave. No need to do anything else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: What is the exit procedure after resigning, like returning BRP (Tier 2 employer) - Leaving the UK to return to India

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 06, 2019 12:32 am

If you want to do belt and braces - but be aware there is really no need to this - when you are at the airport you can hand over your BRP to a Border Force Officer and explain you are leaving and not returning on that visa. To be honest it is way more hassle than it is worth and it does not add to anything.

They have exit details electronically from the airlines that they match up to Sponsorship withdrawal notifications.

yogesh gopal
Newly Registered

Do I need to show BRP while LEAVING the UK?

Post by yogesh gopal » Thu May 09, 2019 5:17 pm

I've Tier 2 sponsorship work Visa- BRP. I'm resigning my job in the UK and leaving abroad, so I do not need UK visa/BRP anymore. Im aware that I need to cut the BRP & return it to UKVI. But I wonder will I need to have BRP while I leave the UK - will I be asked to show BRP in my exit departure? I'm inclined that BRP is needed while I ENTER the UK again? So can I cut the BRP before my travel from the UK - no issues in airport ? Thanks...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to show BRP while LEAVING the UK?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Not needed to leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yogesh gopal
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to show BRP while LEAVING the UK?

Post by yogesh gopal » Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Thank you for the replies.. so, no BRP needed during my exit! Peace.. cheers..