ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Entitlement/Right of Abode

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jabraham
Newly Registered

Certificate of Entitlement/Right of Abode

Post by Jabraham » Sat May 04, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello
I am seeking an advise from the forum members on COE/ROA for a child born in India.
I am naturalised BC and my wife is on Tier 2 PBS dependent visa at the moment and she will be eligible for her ILR application next year in Aug 2020. We are expecting a child this summer around sept 2019 and my wife wishes to go to India for her delivery however she can not stay more than 180 days out of the UK considering an impact on her ILR application which will be due in next year Aug 2020. My questions are

1) What is the quickest way to bring my child back to the UK within 4 months window?
2) How long COE/ROA application approval takes in 2019 from India?
3) What are the documents require for CoE/ROA application?
3) Do I as a father need to be present in India for my child's COE/ROA application?
4) Is there any other alternative route other than COE/ROA application for a child?

I would appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks

Jabraham
Newly Registered

Re: Certificate of Entitlement/Right of Abode

Post by Jabraham » Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Any one can please advise on my post?

mannanmcc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Certificate of Entitlement/Right of Abode for new born child in bangladesh

Post by mannanmcc » Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi all
I need your advice. We have already applied for British Passport for our baby who born in Bangladesh couple of months ago. We have been given a receipt at submission of application which says the application will take at least 8 month. We can not wait this long. I need to bring them back in UK as soon as possible.

I just found out I could apply for 'Right To Abode' which I did not know before passport application. To me it is only option I can see to bring my family quicker if passport application takes this long.

Now my question is can I apply for Right To Abode while our Passport Application is in process??????
and how long can it takes???

Does anyone also know British always will take this long or can it be given quicker than 8 month. I have given sufficient documents including NHS documents from UK.

Please advice me and I would appreciate your valuable time and comments.

Many thanks, All.

mannanmcc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mannanmcc » Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 am

Hi all
Can anyone response to my post please if possible
Thank you

Jabraham
Newly Registered

Post by Jabraham » Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Jabraham wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:49 pm
Hello
I am seeking an advise from the forum members on COE/ROA for a child born in India.
I am naturalised BC and my wife is on Tier 2 PBS dependent visa at the moment and she will be eligible for her ILR application next year in Aug 2020. We are expecting a child this summer around sept 2019 and my wife wishes to go to India for her delivery however she can not stay more than 180 days out of the UK considering an impact on her ILR application which will be due in next year Aug 2020. My questions are

1) What is the quickest way to bring my child back to the UK within 4 months window?
2) How long COE/ROA application approval takes in 2019 from India?
3) What are the documents require for CoE/ROA application?
3) Do I as a father need to be present in India for my child's COE/ROA application?
4) Is there any other alternative route other than COE/ROA application for a child?

I would appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks
Any expert can please advise on this post?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 am

See also Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport? Note that they will not issue a British passport and a CoE-RoA concurrently.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mannanmcc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mannanmcc » Wed May 15, 2019 3:37 am

vinny wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 am
See also Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport? Note that they will not issue a British passport and a CoE-RoA concurrently.

Hi Vinny
Thanks for your response. I think you are right, they will not issue both at the same time.

My question is, while British Passport is in progress and as it can take very long, in the mean time If I apply for Certificate of Entitlement with Super priority service, is there any chance they can approve our application of COE as British passport has not been issued yet that time though it is in progress?

Please let me know what you think. I am desperate to bring family back in UK.

Many thanks!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 pm

To be able to issue a CoE-RoA, you or they will have to cancel the British passport application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

obm
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by obm » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Quick question to gurus:
if I already have BP but by the looks of it is HO refusing to renew it becuase my married name is now different, can I still apply for RoA sticker in my Canadian passport?
The HO cite says no BP can be cancelled prior to a new one being issued first... Not sure mine will be cancelled after unsuccessful renewal. Thanks!