ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR)- delay between application and appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahsanhoney123

ILR SET(LR)- delay between application and appointment

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Dear experts

I have a question related to ILR application I submitted online for my wife today (10/05/2019).

To meet requirement of relationship with husband, I gathered joint bank statements with latest dates ending 1st May 2019. From my previous visa application experience I understand that bank statements must not be over 28 days old. However, I can't find such 28 days requirement in this ILR application process.

I paid for 'super priority service' £3,208.20. When I tried to book appointment on Sopra website, the next available free appointment I can find is 4th June. My nearest Sopra centre is Croydon. I am not up for paying another £100 after already a huge cost of application fee when there are options for free appointment.

My question is that shall I upload current documents with latest dates that I have gathered presently? or they will be invalid by the time of appointment as the joint bank statement will be over 28 days old. If they will be invalid by that time of appointment, then I should request latest statement again to add on top of the current joint statements. However, another thought is that if I add on a joint bank statement with end date after the application date (10/05/2019), then it may not be acceptable/appropriate.

I am very confused with this or may be overthinking it. Could one of the experts please help me with this?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(LR)- delay between application and appointment

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the date of your appointment. I hope that today is within the 28 days before reaching 10 years long residence from date of entry in 2009 to the UK for your wife.

Evidence of relationship is NOT required for Long Residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks for your reply CR001. Much appreciated.

Her 10 years were completed in July 2018 so she meets 10 years requirement. The 28 days I was referring to was not related to 10 years rule but was related to any supporting documents that we need to submit must not be over 28 days old from date of application. It didn't matter in that past when we send paper applications as we ensured our bank statements are not over 28 days old at the time of posting application form to Home office. I remember this kind of rule in my previous visa applications but I can't see anything in the ILR application.

I understand you said evidence of relationship is not required for ILR but it was listed as part of the list of evidence in her ILR online application, so I have gathered it anyway.

Our joint statement is with end data 01/05/19 and I made an online application today (10/05/19), so I know the end date of statement (01/05/19) is within last 28 days of application date (10/05/19) but I am not sure if this will be valid at the time of my appointment which I have now booked for 06/06/19.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Date of application considered by HO is the date you submit and pay online, that is the date relevant to supporting documents.

there is NO requirement to submit substantial evidence of relationship. Long residence ILR has minimal documents that are required as it is based on residence and not a relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Thanks for your swift response CR001. Much appreciated.