ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scans of documents at the VFS center

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Confused about the spouse visa application

Post by marsupilami » Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi,

I would like to submit an application for my wife to obtain a spouse visa (I'm a UK citizen), however I don't understand: is it me who is supposed to submit an application in the UK, or her in her home country? Like the proof of salary etc are all documents that are from my side? I'm confused about who should submit what...

lutga
Japan

Re: Confused about the spouse visa application

Post by lutga » Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm

She needs to submit the application in her country.

The documents from you (ie. the 'supporting documents' such as salary etc.) need to be submitted separately by you once she has made the initial application online / submitted her biometric data at her local Visa Application Centre (she will get details of this when she applies, as well as a reference number which you need to include on any documents you send to Sheffield - where the decision making process happens).

The plus side for you of course, is that being based in the UK, it's easier for you to send the documents.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Fri May 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi lutga many thanks for your reply.

does my wife need a copy of all the documents I am going to send? (Like proof of married life, photos of family together, bills of when we were living together, etc?) or is it just sent from my side?

lutga
Japan

Post by lutga » Fri May 10, 2019 6:18 pm

No, you should only need to send one set of documents.

But I would advise scanning everything and keeping records of them in a Google Drive folder so you can refer back to them in the future if you need them again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Apart of saving into google drive the more convenient way is to save them into usb drive because many times google drive get blocked on security reasons.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Scans of documents at the VFS center

Post by marsupilami » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:23 pm

My wife is going to get an appointment at visa center of her home country to submit documents for a spouse-VISA application. I presume it will be a VFS center, although I am not sure yet, as apparently the adress will be given to us once we fill the online part with the appointment settings. My understanding is that she will have the opportunity to scan the documents rather than the originals. My question is: our sms/text document is 60 pages, our photo collection is 40 pages: does he has to scan all that by hand, or is there an opportunity to give them a pdf from the document on her computer, for example she give it to them in a USB stick or something? Like scanning by hand almost 100 pages would take ages... Really don't know what to expect...

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Re: Scans of documents at the VFS center

Post by marsupilami » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 pm

!!!!! TO THE MODERATOR WHO MOVED MY TOPIC BEFORE READING THE CONTENT PROPERLY : I POSTED IN DIFFERENT THREAD BECAUSE THE CONTEXT OF THE QUESTION WAS DIFFERENT !!! MY previous qustion where abhout WHERE to send the docz, while now it about whether to scan large documents or provide already scanned pdf's !) It's TWO DIFFERENT THINGS (And yes I put exclamation marks because yourself you put many !! No need for you to be rude CR001 !!!) Why are there nuts who nbelieve they can behave like dictators, while a simple civilized remarks would have been sufficient??? Absolutely rude of you !!!

Now to those who actually bother reading the context of a question instead of just the title, I have a question:

In the case of whatsapp transcript that are hundreds of pages, it's easier that I give the VFS center a pdf copy than them scanning the printout. Can we do that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 pm
!!!!! TO THE MODERATOR WHO MOVED MY TOPIC BEFORE READING THE CONTENT PROPERLY : I POSTED IN DIFFERENT THREAD BECAUSE THE CONTEXT OF THE QUESTION WAS DIFFERENT !!! MY previous qustion where abhout WHERE to send the docz, while now it about whether to scan large documents or provide already scanned pdf's !) It's TWO DIFFERENT THINGS (And yes I put exclamation marks because yourself you put many !! No need for you to be rude CR001 !!!) Why are there nuts who nbelieve they can behave like dictators, while a simple civilized remarks would have been sufficient??? Absolutely rude of you !!!
I suggest you read the forum rules, specifically the one below about multiple topics. If you don't like the forum rules and requests to keep to one thread, feel free to find another forum (who all have the same rules) to post!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

All the rest of the forum rules can also be found in the link below!!

announcements/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 pm
I suggest you read the forum rules, specifically the one below about multiple topics. If you don't like the forum rules and requests to keep to one thread, feel free to find another forum (who all have the same rules) to post!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

All the rest of the forum rules can also be found in the link below!!

announcements/
You don't get it CR001 my problem are not with the rules. I made a mistake, fine, I admit it, and there is no problem for pointing out to me. The problem is the way you locked the thing and lambasted me with plenty of !!!!!!!!!!!!!! while the topic was different. You could just have told me and I would have understood. But no you locked-and-lambasted. Perhaps you spent the whole day moderating so you are on the edge seeing many questions and possibly many rules broken, but I'm not ok for taking your fury that came from nowhere just like that. As I said you could simply have said it and I would have understood and moved thread.

ANYWAY ...

This (old) thread was about the organization of the spouse visa appication (specifically it was about in chich country to submit the application). My other question, which I ask now, is the following: I have large wahsapp document: instead of printing them of for being rescanned anyway, can I just bring a pdf version on a USB stick. anyone can see it's two different question. Printing a 100-pages bunch just to rescan it does not make sense, certainly not from an environment point of view . Is anyone kind enough to have an answer to this specific question?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm
problem is the way you locked the thing and lambasted me with plenty of !!!!!!!!!!!!!! while the topic was different. You could just have told me and I would have understood. But no you locked-and-lambasted.
Oh get a grip. You are overreacting to TWO exclamations marks I used and a simple request to stick to one thread, the same message 100s of users get form ALL the moderators.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:20 pm
Please refrain from starting a new topic with every single question. Stick to the existing topic and thread you already have!!

immigration-for-family-members/scans-of ... l#p1806497
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Ok fine no problem.

Now what about the question. Anyone has an inspiration from Zeus about how to deals with large documents?

Here is the question for those who don't want to go through the romantic-drama-episode between me and CR001:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THE QUESTION (without drama-ads nor "!!!!!!!!!!!!") ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have large wahsapp document: instead of printing them of for being rescanned anyway, can I just bring a pdf version on a USB stick. anyone can see it's two different question. Printing a 100-pages bunch just to rescan it does not make sense, certainly not from an environment point of view . Is anyone kind enough to have an answer to this specific question?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm
, can I just bring a pdf version on a USB stick.
They wont accept usb stick. Perhaps if you can scan and upload them yourself before biometrics appointment then may work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.