ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Accomodation...URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Query on Accomodation...URGENT

Post by coolsats » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:30 pm

1) I have read certain posts in the forum, and now they say that Accomodation evidence is also required while filing for Tier 1.
As i do not have any friends in the UK, can any of you tell me, how do i go about giving a proof of Accomodation, am applying from Bangalore.

I was supposed to apply on 18th, but now am holding back for further confirmation on accomodation query.
Guys pls tell me how to proceed on this.

2) There is one more query on High Commision Fees, how do i pay this, and what is the exact fees, i beleive its 600 GBP, pls confirm me on this.
Do i need to carry a draft or i can pay by credit card.
The questions is i have not seen anywhere in the application form i.e VAF 9a and VAF 9b form, the section for payments.
Can you guys pls clear me on this too.

Thanks for all ur help in advance..

shashi545
Newly Registered

Even I have same issue

Post by shashi545 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:07 pm

I also tried to apply on 18th in Bangalore, but got a suggestion that they want additional details like accomodation booked in UK, job search details like any mail interaction with job consultants (companies) in UK.

They said these details are required since there are lot of bogus people appliying for Tier1.

Fee for application now is 51100 (increased by Rs 100). You need to pay by Cash or by DD (Demand Draft). Credit card not accepted in Bangalore VFS office.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Shashi,

Thanks for replying, well so what have you decided now.
From where did you got ur dd done, can we do it from anywhere, or some specific banks.
And what you doing about accomodation.
Hey you would like to talk you can call me on my cell no, i ll pm you my cell number, if you can do the same that would be great.
Lets share some of our knowledge here..

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:20 pm

2) There is one more query on High Commision Fees, how do i pay this, and what is the exact fees, i beleive its 600 GBP, pls confirm me on this.
Do i need to carry a draft or i can pay by credit card.
The questions is i have not seen anywhere in the application form i.e VAF 9a and VAF 9b form, the section for payments.
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/wheretopay.aspx

shashi545
Newly Registered

Accomodation & Job Search

Post by shashi545 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:55 pm

For Accomodation, I am planning to book any youth hostel in UK for 2 weeks (2 weeks is fine looks like): http://www.st-christophers.co.uk/

Regarding Job Search Details - I am not sure how to get any mail interactions with consultant. Please suggest what could be the best option. If we apply through reed.co.uk, will we get any reply mails (I donot think so, since we do not have visa yet). I think we need to be innovative to get this interaction emails..

mohdh

Re: Even I have same issue

Post by mohdh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:44 pm

hello shashi,

when i was coming to uk on hsmp i asked a friend who owns few properties to send me a letter for tenancy agreement, which he did. If you have friends in UK probably try it, there might be some people who have taken houses on mortgage.

Best

Mohd

[quote="shashi545"]I also tried to apply on 18th in Bangalore, but got a suggestion that they want additional details like accomodation booked in UK, job search details like any mail interaction with job consultants (companies) in UK.

They said these details are required since there are lot of bogus people appliying for Tier1.

Fee for application now is 51100 (increased by Rs 100). You need to pay by Cash or by DD (Demand Draft). Credit card not accepted in Bangalore VFS office.[/quote]

cgohil

Re: Even I have same issue

Post by cgohil » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:57 am

This is wat VFS guy said to me by mail.

accommodation proof is a supporting document for your visa application

· Proof of Accommodation. (Rent/ Utility Bills/ Mortgage Paper), applicable only in case of person residing in the UK owning the accommodation.

· If accommodation is rented, then a no objection from the owner.

If accommodation is provided by the Company, then a letter from the company is required

or hotel booking confirmation.

chirag

shashi545
Newly Registered

accomodation and job search details

Post by shashi545 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:55 pm

For additional details on accomodation and job search details refer to another post regarding the same:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... comodation

Looks like accomodation is mandatory, however job search details (or job offer) is optional.

hsmp_1476

Re: Accomodation & Job Search

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:14 pm

shashi545 wrote:For Accomodation, I am planning to book any youth hostel in UK for 2 weeks (2 weeks is fine looks like): http://www.st-christophers.co.uk/

Regarding Job Search Details - I am not sure how to get any mail interactions with consultant. Please suggest what could be the best option. If we apply through reed.co.uk, will we get any reply mails (I donot think so, since we do not have visa yet). I think we need to be innovative to get this interaction emails..
Hi,

You dont have to necessarily show "mail interation" from consultants. You can goto jobserve.co.uk or any reputed job site and search for the jobs under your category and a printout of that should be good enough. Thats what I had done for my HSMP.

Cheers
Vikram

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Re: Accomodation & Job Search

Post by chirantansaha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:17 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:
shashi545 wrote:For Accomodation, I am planning to book any youth hostel in UK for 2 weeks (2 weeks is fine looks like): http://www.st-christophers.co.uk/

Hi,

You dont have to necessarily show "mail interation" from consultants. You can goto jobserve.co.uk or any reputed job site and search for the jobs under your category and a printout of that should be good enough. Thats what I had done for my HSMP.

Cheers
Vikram

Hi Friends

I just called the VFS India office (call centre) and asked what accomodation proof are required in case my friend is willing to arrange my stay with this in his appartment.

And they said that the documents are :

1. Proof of Accommodation. (Rent/ Utility Bills/ Mortgage Paper), applicable only in case of person residing in the UK owning the accommodation.

2. If accommodation is rented, then a no objection from the owner.

Here, I have one question ... The no objection letter which is required to be taken from his owner, does it necesarily have to be a legal paper or just a simple letter with signature of the owner.

Anybody, anyidea?

Thanks in advance to all.