ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regd.. Proof of Accomodation for Tier-1 application (4m Ind)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

5am5am5am
Newly Registered

Regd.. Proof of Accomodation for Tier-1 application (4m Ind)

Post by 5am5am5am » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:55 pm

I was planning to apply for Tier-1 from India.
When contacted VFS, India I came to know that i should show proof of arrangements of my stay in UK along with the application.

I have a few friends who might help....but not sure....

But buddies from your experience, have you read this anywhere in the guidance notes. Also is this mandatory to provide...

Please help and guide me. I do not have much time left to submit my application.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:27 am

Can anybody of prospective applicants ask the VFS in e-mail, that by which law they are asking this proof? I have applied on 6th June but nobody asked me about accomodation and job proof since that is no where in the guide.

in my case, the guy asked me for the "offer letter" of curent organization in India and I told him that is not mentioned as a requirement, then he shut his mouth.

This information need to be properly clarified unless there is increasing confusion I can see among the people.
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 am

Hi,

This is wat VFS guy has to say on accomodation proof.

accommodation proof is a supporting document for your visa application

· Proof of Accommodation. (Rent/ Utility Bills/ Mortgage Paper), applicable only in case of person residing in the UK owning the accommodation.

· If accommodation is rented, then a no objection from the owner.

If accommodation is provided by the Company, then a letter from the company is required

OR u have to show the hotel booking.

chirag

5am5am5am
Newly Registered

Post by 5am5am5am » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:18 pm

You are lucky that you got a good reply telling of the difference.

I got this reply from VFS:

With regard to your query, as per the requirement the applicant is required to provide tenancy agreement and additionally you could provide utility bill for accommodation proof. If you still wish to give only the documents which you have mentioned bellow you could so by your discretion, however the decision lies the High Commission. Please be informed that regards to accommodation proof there is no specific format.

Utility Bills is – Electrical / Gas / Telephone Bills.

I dont know whether i need to book a hotel in UK? Isn't the maintenance requirement showing that i would have enough funds to take care of my living till i get a job? Is there somebody who could share there experience. Without submitting their accomodation arrangement what was the response from the high commission?

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 am

I called up VFS helpdesk today regarding UK accomodation.
For proof we need to provide either of the following:

1. Hotel booking
2. If you are going to join any friend/relative/spouse then utility bill or house rent agreement. Along with this a letter from friend/relative/spouse saying that you will be staying him/her.

He did not say anything about no objection letter from house owner. I think it depends on the executive you are talking to.

Regarding job details , he said it is not mandatory but if you have any offer then mention it.

It seems UK accomodation proof is important.

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm

What all docs are require to provide in case my friend is willing to accomodate me in his apartment/flat?

Is it like only the below docs?

1. Proof of Accommodation. (Rent/ Utility Bills/ Mortgage Paper), applicable only in case of person residing in the UK owning the accommodation.

2. If accommodation is rented, then a no objection from the owner.

Here, I have one question ... The no objection letter which is required to be taken from his owner, does it necesarily have to be a legal paper or just a simple letter with signature of the owner.

Anybody, anyidea?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:05 pm

For all applicants who are aiming to get a letter from someone known in UK as evidence of accommodation proof, I would strongly recommend them to read through sections 9.4 to 9.12 of Chapter 9 of the Entry Clearance Guidance (ECG) available on the UKVisas website.

You will need the following from the sponsor:
1. A letter from sponsor stating his relationship with the applicant(s) and that the sponsor is ready to accommodate the applicant(s) in his residence/property. This letter should contain the following details:-
a) Size of property (e.g.- 2 bedroom house, 3 bedroom flat, studio etc.).
b) Number of people currently living there.
c) If possible, confirmation of a dedicated room for the applicant(s). Mandatory when couples are to be accommodated.
d) whether property is rented or owned.
2. Photocopy of sponsor's proof of income / salary slips / bank statements showing income credit - covering last 4-6 months.
3a. Photocopy of council tax bill for current year (gives the ECO an idea of size of property).
and / or
3b. Photocopy of utility bills - covering last 4-6 months.
4. If the property is rented, it is always better to include a copy of the tenancy agreement and permission from landlord allowing the sponsor to accommodate extra persons.
5. Copy of personal details and *current* visa pages of sponsor's passport.

Please note that reservation confirmation of accommodation in hotels / hostels / bed & breakfast lodges etc. for a week or two were considered adequate evidence by the Indian BHC during the HSMP days. And I have no reason to believe that these will not be accepted today, if proof of accommodation has become a requirement again. For applicants who do not know someone in UK who can sponsor accommodation, this is a perfectly viable alternative.

Hope this will put to rest most (if not all) doubts regarding accommodation proof.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:34 am

Excellent note. Thank you very much my friend.

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

I managed to get the proofs as per your information for UK accomodation. But they are scanned copies. Can I submit the scanned copies or all the letters (invitation letter from my husband and no objection letter from owner) and copy of tenancy agreement & council tax bill need to be courier to me ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:53 am

Till date I have, personally, always submitted (as an applicant) or provided (as a sponsor) an original sponsor letter and scanned / photocopies of supporting documents.

But even a photocopied / scanned sponsor letter should suffice ... that is what I believe.

regards
Manu345 wrote:Hi Sushdmehta,

I managed to get the proofs as per your information for UK accomodation. But they are scanned copies. Can I submit the scanned copies or all the letters (invitation letter from my husband and no objection letter from owner) and copy of tenancy agreement & council tax bill need to be courier to me ?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Zubair2008
Newly Registered

Post by Zubair2008 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:36 am

:D