ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We won our appeal - how long will our visa last for? Fiance or marriage visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lutga
Japan

We won our appeal - how long will our visa last for? Fiance or marriage visa?

Post by lutga » Sat May 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help with this query.

When you win an appeal - how long will the visa you are granted last for? Is it 2.5 years as standard?

My wife applied for a fiance settlement visa, and after being initially refused, we won our appeal. While we were waiting for the appeal to happen, we got married, so will we now be granted the full 2.5 years marriage/spouse settlement visa, or will we just be given the 6 month fiance visa (even though we are now already married)?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: We won our appeal - how long will our visa last for? Fiance or marriage visa?

Post by seagul » Sat May 11, 2019 3:13 pm

You and uk sponsor should have updated to HO with your current marital status. They won't issue you spouse visa in place of fiancee visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lutga
Japan

Re: We won our appeal - how long will our visa last for? Fiance or marriage visa?

Post by lutga » Sat May 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Thank you for the reply.

We provided proof of our marriage during the appeal itself and the judge noted this in his verdict.

When my wife sends her passport off to receive the vignette (she has just this week been requested to do this) - shall we enclose a covering letter explaining her new marital status (as this will also explain why her name has changed on her new passport)?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Usually for in country applications when the circumstances changes then existing Application can be varied into new application. I think since you have informed to HO with your new circumstances then they may give you chance to vary your application or may miraculously issue fiancee visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.