ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Gerenal Dependent Extension - General or General SOC ?? with Partner on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2Dep01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Gerenal Dependent Extension - General or General SOC ?? with Partner on ILR

Post by Tier2Dep01 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on Tier 2 General SOC dependent visa. I will be applying for extension in june 2019 and i,m confused as to which category i should be applying. My partner will be moving to ILR in few days. Should i apply in Tier 2 General visa or Tier 2 General SOC visa as this was what i was granted earlier.
If i apply in Tier 2 General SOC, how will i prove this as my partner will be on ILr and his job will no longer be having or needing a cos for soc.

Also to prove we live together if i provide marriage certificate from india is it sufficient along with bank statement of mine listing the address and of my partners statement separately showing the same address. we dont have a joint account.

Please help me as i m very confused and dont want to reset my clock for ILR and also end up being my visa rejected.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Gerenal Dependent Extension - General or General SOC ?? with Partner on ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Is your spouse applying for ILR based on 5 years tier 2 or based in 10 years long residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier2Dep01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Gerenal Dependent Extension - General or General SOC ?? with Partner on ILR

Post by Tier2Dep01 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:58 pm

ILR based on 5 years on tier 2 general soc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Your tier 2 dependent extension will be for 3 years. Nothing you need to prove regarding your spouse. The online form will ask for all the relevant information.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

You need more than just a marriage certificate. You need evidence of cohabitation at the same address in the UK for the last 2 years, at least 6 different items spread over the 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier2Dep01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tier2Dep01 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Which visa should i apply in though . Tier 2 general or Tier 2 geberal soc?
Also i dont have any joint bills for cohabitance as all the bills are only on my husbands name . Can i not submit my bank staements for last two years and that of my husbands

Tier2Dep01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tier2Dep01 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I’m still not sure which visa should i select as wheb infill the firm there is a question.
-which visa category your partner was last grbated visa if on ILR. I have selected Tier 2 general
Next questions is the one below. What should i select
- Is your partners job in shortage occupation? Yes or no
If i select yes then follow up questions
- what is lenght of your partners COS? 3 years or less or more than 3 years.
What should i select as my partner will not be having cos after ILR

Please reply to my queries.

Tier2Dep01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tier2Dep01 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:51 am

@CR001 can you please help me and respond to my queries

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:04 pm

I don't have sight of the online forms. You simply need to answer the questions honestly based on the tier 2 migrants last visa details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Sun May 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi, i suggest you to take help from immigration lawyer. Its worth spending money rather than taking risk.