ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not meeting Financial requirement for ILR on 5 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Not meeting Financial requirement for ILR on 5 year route

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun May 12, 2019 11:59 am

Hi

Hope someone can help with this query please.

Wife arrived to the UK on Spouse visa in 2014 on 5 year route. Since in the UK the visa has been extended for 2.5 years. This is now coming to an end soon meaning she would reach the 5 year period to qualify and make an application for ILR.

Unfortunately the husband sponsor currently does not meet the £18,600 financial requirement. They have 2 British children.

I wanted some advice as to what their options are. I understand that an application can be made using FLR FP 10 year route on the basis of private life with partner in the UK.

Is there a financial requirement of sort for this application.
If FLR FP is granted, how much time is given before another application is required to be made.
If FLR FP is granted but later the sponsor meets the £18,600 financial requirement can an application be made for ILR on the basis of the 5 year route.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not meeting Financial requirement for ILR on 5 year route

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Does the spouse visa holder work?

Are there any savings and if yes, how much?

It is not FLR(FP) Private life. It would be FLR(FP) PARTNER route which is a new 10 year route, 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 pm
Does the spouse visa holder work?

Are there any savings and if yes, how much?

It is not FLR(FP) Private life. It would be FLR(FP) PARTNER route which is a new 10 year route, 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Thanks for the prompt reply CR001.

The spouse visa holder does not work, they have no savings either.

So, are you saying the 10 year route does not take into account the 5 years that the spouse visa holder would been in the UK for when the current visa expires meaning that 4 x 2.5 year visa applications would be required.

What if the £18,600 requirement is later met, can they make an application for ILR of the basis of 5 years part way through the 10 year route, If so, can this only be done when extending at the end of the 2.5 years.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:17 pm

So, are you saying the 10 year route does not take into account the 5 years that the spouse visa holder would been in the UK for when the current visa expires meaning that 4 x 2.5 year visa applications would be required.
The 5 years on FLR(M) don't count towards the FLR(FP) time for ILR based on 5 years residence. ALL visas count though for ILR based on 10 years long residence ILR, which also does not have a financial requirement.
What if the £18,600 requirement is later met, can they make an application for ILR of the basis of 5 years part way through the 10 year route, If so, can this only be done when extending at the end of the 2.5 years.
Then you have to switch back to FLR(M) 5 year route again from scratch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun May 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Thanks for this clarity.