ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry Visa to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bdt2019
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Ancestry Visa to ILR

Post by bdt2019 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi there

Sorry I have a number of questions about the application process. Hoping someone can help.

- I am currently on an Ancestry Visa from 01/06/14 to 01/06/19. I didn't arrive in the UK until 11/06/14. I need to apply for ILR. Does this mean I can't apply until 14th May 2019?

- I came to the UK with my partner. He was granted a 5 year partner Visa. When I completing the Set (O) form do I include him on my application as a dependent spouse or does he need to do a completely separate application? If I include him as a dependent spouse I see that there is nothing on the application asking for his Absences outside the UK, National Insurance number or Monthly income. Does this mean he doesn't need to provide evidence of these? I thought he would need a letter from his employer, payslips and bank statements?

- Do I need to supply evidence of our relationship again even though this was done when I applied for the Ancestry Visa?

- I receive my payslips online. Do I need to get HR to sign/stamp these? Do I also need Bank Account Statements signed/stamped?

Any help would be really appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry Visa to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 pm

- I am currently on an Ancestry Visa from 01/06/14 to 01/06/19. I didn't arrive in the UK until 11/06/14. I need to apply for ILR. Does this mean I can't apply until 14th May 2019?
You can apply no sooner than within 28 days BEFORE the 5th anniversary of the date your visa started, i.e. 1st June.
- I came to the UK with my partner. He was granted a 5 year partner Visa. When I completing the Set (O) form do I include him on my application as a dependent spouse or does he need to do a completely separate application? If I include him as a dependent spouse I see that there is nothing on the application asking for his Absences outside the UK, National Insurance number or Monthly income. Does this mean he doesn't need to provide evidence of these? I thought he would need a letter from his employer, payslips and bank statements?
Yes, one form for both of you together. Correct, he is applying as a dependent of you.
- Do I need to supply evidence of our relationship again even though this was done when I applied for the Ancestry Visa?
Some evidence of cohabitation yes, last 2 years perhaps.
- I receive my payslips online. Do I need to get HR to sign/stamp these? Do I also need Bank Account Statements signed/stamped?

Yes and Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bdt2019
Newly Registered
New Zealand

ILR LETTER FROM EMPLOYER

Post by bdt2019 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm

I have just received a letter back from my HR department but I am not sure if it meets the requirements.

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE:NAME

I write to confirm the above named individual is an employee of ****COMPANY NAME**** as set out below;
Start Date: 01 January 2015
Job Title: ********
Salary: £**,*** gross per annum
Employment Status: Permanent
Current Address: ***************

Should you require any further information regarding the above named employee, please contact the HR on ************

On the documents required it says:

If you are employed at the date of application, please provide
* a letter from your current employer which confirms they will continue in their
current job with that employer.
* Documents to show you are employed, such as recent wage slips.

Is this letter ok?

bdt2019
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by bdt2019 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks CR001. I appreciate your help.

I just wanted to check one thing regarding the 28 day rule. I have read some posts where it says to apply 28 days prior to entry date. You have said that I can apply 28 days prior to my visa expiry date so I'm a bit confused.

Visa Start Date: 01/06/2014
Visa Expiry Date: 01/06/2019
Arrived in UK on 11/06/2014

I calculate 28 days prior to Visa expiry date as 04/05/2019 which would mean i can apply today or do I need to wait until 15/05/2019?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:07 pm

It depends on what posts you are reading and how old they might be. Different routes to ILR have different qualifying criteria. Older posts also have different rules as rules change often.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bdt2019
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by bdt2019 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks. So based on a Ancestry Visa I would be safe to apply today?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR LETTER FROM EMPLOYER

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:25 pm

bdt2019 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm
I have just received a letter back from my HR department but I am not sure if it meets the requirements.

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE:NAME

I write to confirm the above named individual is an employee of ****COMPANY NAME**** as set out below;
Start Date: 01 January 2015
Job Title: ********
Salary: £**,*** gross per annum
Employment Status: Permanent
Current Address: ***************

Should you require any further information regarding the above named employee, please contact the HR on ************

On the documents required it says:

If you are employed at the date of application, please provide
* a letter from your current employer which confirms they will continue in their
current job with that employer.
* Documents to show you are employed, such as recent wage slips.

Is this letter ok?
You also should note that the employer letter for the 'foreseeable future' is only relevant to Tier 2 General visa holders.

You also need to attached evidence of your employment for 5 years for Ancestry ILR, i.e. P60s and the last 6 month or so payslips.

Below a link containing Ancestry ILR questions, documents and successes.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ancestry-ilr-t274954.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)