ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application Online Submission and UKVCAS Appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iahsan

FLR(M) Application Online Submission and UKVCAS Appointment

Post by iahsan » Mon May 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi all,

Being unaware of how it works and assuming an online application is an online application. I completed, paid and submitted an online application today, May 13, 2017, for FLR(M) extension for my wife, visa expiring May 17, 2019.

At the end I was asked to book an appointment via UKVCAS for submitting documents, the earliest free appointment I was getting was June 10, earliest paid was May 24. I booked the appointment for June 10 for documents submission.

My understanding based on Immigration rules 34G is that the visa application is submitted as of today and there is no case of overstaying, provided we complete the document submission process on June 10.

Is this understanding correct?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Application Online Submission and UKVCAS Appointment

Post by seagul » Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 pm

The date of application will be the date of online submission of application instead date of biometrics. But try your best to search earliest appointment even by paying or at more distance.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Mon May 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Thanks @seagul and your reply brings me to my second concern.

The UKVCAS guidance and interface is fairly minimal. The only option I see on the interface is 'Cancel Booking', nothing suggesting that booking can be rescheduled so I am reluctant to end up in a situation where I cancel this booking and then the amazing UKVCAS interface leaves me hanging saying I can't book again etc.

In that context, has anybody experienced, canceling UKVCAS appointment for the sake of finding an alternative date ?

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am

Having gone ahead and try it, here's the findings,

- For a free core service, I could cancel the appointment and was given the option to book again.
- I didn't find any newer or better dates than the last time, in fact, much fewer options.
- Ended up booking the same appointment again.
- The system sends a new confirmation/receipt with a new date of booking.