ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit - checking documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

megmog

eea family permit - checking documents

Post by megmog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi all,

My husband (South African) and I (British) are going to apply for an EEA family permit via the British Embassy in Dublin and are just finalizing our supporting documentation..

We have created a file including:

passports (both)
birth certificate (his)
marriage cert
wedding photos
bills (telephone in my name, electricity in both of our names)
car insurance (further evidence of address, in his name)
bank statements (18 months, mine)
savings statement (€1800, mine)
pay slips (18 months, mine)
letter from my parents offering us accomodation in the UK
photographs of house in the uk showing there are enough bedrooms
proof of ownership of property in the uk( in my parents name, to go with the letter of accom.)
photocopy of my husbands gnib card
letter from my husband
letter from me
my cv
job openings in the UK (to show I can get a job there and that my experience is in demand)

I know we have given quite a lot, but my husband was a previous overstayer in the uk (we left of our own accord 2 yrs ago). We are applying via the surinder singh ruling.

I have a few questions...

Does anyone see any documents we have missed or that we should add to help our application?

My husband holds a stamp 3 in ireland which does not allow him to work, but does allow him to "reside" here. Because he is not working, he does not have payslips or a bank account, so we have sent mine instead to show we are supporting ourselves financially, admittadly on one salary. Does anyone see an issue with this?

My account occasionally slips into the "overdrawn" category, but we dont have debts etc. Is that going to go against us?

We havent made a flight booking as we dont know if we will get the permit. do we need to include a flight booking or can we just print a "schedule" to show which flight we "would" get if successful?

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments.. and apologies this got a bit long, just wanted to make sure I cover everything!

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: eea family permit - checking documents

Post by thsths » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 am

megmog wrote:I know we have given quite a lot, but my husband was a previous overstayer in the uk (we left of our own accord 2 yrs ago). We are applying via the surinder singh ruling.
Now they are not going to like this, but the law is on your side. Because you are applying from within the EU, he is a legal resident there, you only need to prove that you are married. The rest of the documents should not be essential, but you can certainly include them to make a good impression.
We havent made a flight booking as we dont know if we will get the permit. do we need to include a flight booking or can we just print a "schedule" to show which flight we "would" get if successful?
No, I would recommend to wait, because this application could take a while. This seems to be a popular trick with inconvenient applications: let them sit for a while. So you should follow up closely, and remind them of your right to a visa.

Tom

SuzMcFluz
Newly Registered

Re: eea family permit - checking documents

Post by SuzMcFluz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 pm

megmog wrote:Does anyone see any documents we have missed or that we should add to help our application?
I agree with thsths, you should only be required to produce passports, and your marriage certificate but it doesn't hurt to have all the other stuff to hand. My husband and I are going to be applying for a Family Permit soon and I am putting together a similar folder (I am British and my husband is Albanian, we are living in Greece). I recently came accross a really good guide, page 7, paragraph 6 refers to your question.

http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/ ... _ec_en.pdf

Good luck with everything.